PDA

View Full Version : TuneSynch App - synch iTunes music wirelessly

CrashF16
09-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Has anyone tried this app? Curious why I haven't seen it reference with so many other threads about Doubletwist, etc.

It allows you to wirelessly (or wired) transfer music and playlists from iTunes on PC or Mac.

TuneSync Sync Android™ with iTunes over Wifi for Windows or OS X (http://highwindsoftware.com/)

smalltowngirl13
09-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Interesting find - I hadn't seen this one...I generally recommend iSyncr and this seems to possibly do the same thing (sync's playlists more than the actual songs)....

I might give this try tho when I need to sync another playlist from my iTunes to the X...

CrashF16
09-04-2010, 12:09 PM
This must be a relatively new app. It required OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) for Mac. Also has a Windows version. There's a Lite (free) version and a pay version, but it looks awesome...possibly what everyone's been asking for if it works like they say it does.

Schultzey
09-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I have tried TuneSync and it works as advertised. For me, it does not provide much function over other methods as it works through your wi-fi to place music onto the memory of your phone.

Here is a brief comparison of apps that do the same thing with the only difference being one is wired(iSyncr) and the other is wireless(TuneSync).

- The lite versions of TuneSync and iSyncr are free but you are limited to sync 20 songs per playlist.
- The full version of TuneSync is $4.99 USD compared to iSyncr at $2.99 USD.
- I think the set up time and syncing of both apps are similar, although the wireless method will vary depending on your connection speeds.
It really comes down to personal preference if one of these type of syncing apps meet your needs.

smalltowngirl13
09-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I have tried TuneSync and it works as advertised. For me, it does not provide much function over other methods as it works through your wi-fi to place music onto the memory of your phone.

Here is a brief comparison of apps that do the same thing with the only difference being one is wired(iSyncr) and the other is wireless(TuneSync).

- The lite versions of TuneSync and iSyncr are free but you are limited to sync 20 songs per playlist.
- The full version of TuneSync is $4.99 USD compared to iSyncr at $2.99 USD.
- I think the set up time and syncing of both apps are similar, although the wireless method will vary depending on your connection speeds.
It really comes down to personal preference if one of these type of syncing apps meet your needs.

Nice breakdown...thank you!

JRT Studio
09-05-2010, 12:33 PM
As an update, I've just released an add-on for iSyncr. It is called iSyncr WiFi and costs a buck. Check it out in the Android Market. Use the feedback button in the app to send me any feedback you might have on the app. It is still really new and might be missing something you really want.

Note that only Windows is supported at this time.

smalltowngirl13
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forums - is always great to see dev's stop by...

This is a great add-on for iSyncr...what is the possibility to be able to sync single songs over a playlist - any chance this is a future upgrade...

CrashF16
09-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Note that only Windows is supported at this time.

Any chance there will be a version of iSyncr for Mac?

Big thanks to STG13 for doing my research for me!!:)
l
l
l
\/

smalltowngirl13
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Any chance there will be a version of iSyncr for Mac?

CrashF16, I thought there was...

**Edit**

Link to appbrain.com : http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.jrtstudio.iSyncr4Mac

JRT Studio
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Both Mac support and "By Song" support are in my spreadsheet of possible future features. If you have any further feature suggestions or feedback, just let me know!

smalltowngirl13
09-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Both Mac support and "By Song" support are in my spreadsheet of possible future features. If you have any further feature suggestions or feedback, just let me know!

Awesome! I will definitely be watching for the "by song" support - playlists sync flawlessly - I haven't tried wireless transfer yet but I will be...We may need to start your very own thread for iSyncr! ;)

Jam11
10-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Syncing music wired or wireless didn't work for me as my iTunes library was always bigger than the SD card capacity on my phone. So we invented Jam11, an application that allows you to stream your music from your iTunes music on PC or Mac. The app is free for now and handles very large library size. if you have large music library then Jam11 is the application for you. Download it from the Market and you will get link to PC/Mac software. Once you install computer software called Jam11Connect, it will Sync your library. Go to your phone on Jam11 and select Sync Library and all your music will appear on your phone. Now you can listen to anything any place so long as your computer is connected to the Internet. Give it a try

Wizard Prang
08-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Syncing music wired or wireless didn't work for me as my iTunes library was always bigger than the SD card capacity on my phone...

So put the songs in the playlist... and sync the playlist.:nerd: