PDA

View Full Version : Camcorder Zoom

egrafx
09-01-2010, 03:58 PM
According to the manual there should be an audio zoom option that works with camcorder zoom. I don't have either option. Camera zooms but not the camcorder. Does anyone else have this problem?

DebianDog
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Camcorder does not zoom. Even if it did it would look like a$$. Digital Zoom = FAIL

egrafx
09-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes, I guess it would look terrible and same would apply to the camera. Just wondering why it's in the manual though.

DebianDog
09-01-2010, 04:14 PM
RE-READ what it says.

egrafx
09-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I did. It says it should zoom. Don't understand your statement.

hollywood
09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
From what I read, it said that you can adjust settings to where when you zoom in, it changes where the microphone is picking up audio from... It clearly doesn't have that capability, so I think they need to re-word that. It seems like they screwed up on the manual, or the zoom feature. FAIL! :)

DebianDog
09-01-2010, 04:54 PM
AUDIO zoom not VIDEO zoom

egrafx
09-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Audio zoom works hand in hand with video zoom. Neither option is available on my X, but both are mentioned in the manual (...while zooming the camcorder).

DebianDog
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Audio zoom works hand in hand with video zoom. Neither option is available on my X, but both are mentioned in the manual (...while zooming the camcorder).

THERE IS NO GD video zoom!!! for petes sake I cut the page right out of the freaking manual and attached it in the above post.

egrafx
09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
It says in the manual the camera has audio and video zoom capability. I have neither and was wondering if anyone else does. Got it?

Just got this from the Motorola forum:

Poster:It looks like on page 24 of the manual that there is supposed to be Camcorder Settings on the phone that include Video Resolution, Review Time, and Audio Zoom. The Audio Zoom feature is used to focus the microphone while zooming the camcorder. This to me would indicate that you can in fact zoom the camcorder; however, this setting is missing on my phone (I'm on version .604) and I have checked all possible ways to zoom the camcorder and there is no option to do this.

I think this was something that may have been missed. Either A the manual is wrong, or B the phone is missing a bit of code. LOL

Hey Matt - Could you look into this for us?

Motorola Rep: I did look into this but forgot to post here -- sorry!
The user guide is wrong. It's a misprint and we're considering how to make corrections. (It will need to be updated for Froyo anyway.) There is no audio or video zoom for the video camera.

I don't know if Froyo will change that.

hollywood
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
AUDIO zoom not VIDEO zoom

Oh. Gotchya. Makes sense now. :) Thanks...

But how can you tell what the audio zoom is "zooming" into? There's no indicator or anything. Hmm...

egrafx
09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
RE-READ what it says.

Maybe you should re-read...

egrafx
09-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh. Gotchya. Makes sense now. :) Thanks...

But how can you tell what the audio zoom is "zooming" into? There's no indicator or anything. Hmm...

I'm no expert but my guess is that it would switch the audio to detect what is centered in the camera frame (along with video zoom) as opposed to the near vicinity audio.

Daybreak
09-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Howdy
Droid X camera and camcorder
While you have it in camcorder function, you do not have any zoom. You can select the type of scene. With the scene selection, you get varied audio settings with the type of scene. With each of these scenes selction there is more information along the bottom of the screen. So in a sense, the audio has a type of audio zoom. They have some built in equalizer settings.
Outdoors = "reduces wind noise"
Concert = "best for capturing load music video in stereo and preventing distortion"
Narrative = "best capturing video while commenting on scene"
Subject = "Best for capturing video with audio from the front of the camera"

Camera
You have zoom via the top rocker, and 2 location for taking picture. (on screen button, and top camera button) Push the menu button and set it up with what size pics etc.... While your at the camera screen, you touch the screen and make some other selection such as type of scene, inside, outdoors, macro etc..

have fun :)

DebianDog
09-02-2010, 05:21 AM
No apparently if it does not work on the rocker button it s not zoom ;)

Thanks for the long explanation if your interested on where he found this info it is on page 23-24 of the manual.

Daybreak
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM
No apparently if it does not work on the rocker button it s not zoom ;)

Thanks for the long explanation if your interested on where he found this info it is on page 23-24 of the manual.

Howdy,

you get a -thanks for being obnoxious and rude.

If you do not understand the operation of a device, you really should not say anything at all.

DebianDog
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I have been telling him to re-read the manual. After which he told me to re-read it. what did you want me to do exactly cut and paste every page with highlights? Good grief.

egrafx
09-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Dog, what part of the manual don't you understand... besides my question which made total sense to everyone except you.

didiwags
09-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Whether or not it is in the manual the X camcorder does NOT zoom!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DebianDog
09-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Dog, what part of the manual don't you understand... besides my question which made total sense to everyone except you.

If you had really read and understood the manual you wold not even have posted the question. /unsubscribed

Whether or not it is in the manual the X camcorder does NOT zoom!!!!

Exactly. The audio can "zoom"
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

egrafx
09-03-2010, 11:00 AM
If you had really read and understood the manual you wold not even have posted the question. /unsubscribed

Children, I know it doesn't zoom (audio or video). The manual is wrong (I know that now) because it indicates that there should be a video and audio zoom. My question asked if anyone has that feature thinking maybe my phone might be defective. Now go do your homework.

egrafx
09-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Howdy,

you get a -thanks for being obnoxious and rude.

If you do not understand the operation of a device, you really should not say anything at all.

Agreed.

DebianDog
09-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Children, I know it doesn't zoom (audio or video). The manual is wrong (I know that now) because it indicates that there should be a video and audio zoom. My question asked if anyone has that feature thinking maybe my phone might be defective. Now go do your homework.

IT DOES ZOOM THE AUDIO THE MANUAL IS NOT WRONG YOU CAN NOT SEEM TO READ OR COMPREHEND IT AFTER IT WAS EXPLAINED TO YOU by someone a lot more patient than me

The mic shifts (or zooms) close for narration, and "shotgun mode" with noise "wind" cancelation in outdoor mode. Shotgun with no wind canceling in "Concert mode"

If you are "right" about anything it is that the rocker button does not work. Happy?

O.K. I am really done here.

pitbull13
09-03-2010, 12:24 PM
IT DOES ZOOM THE AUDIO THE MANUAL IS NOT WRONG YOU CAN NOT SEEM TO READ OR COMPREHEND IT AFTER IT WAS EXPLAINED TO YOU by someone a lot more patient than me

The mic shifts (or zooms) close for narration, and "shotgun mode" with noise "wind" cancelation in outdoor mode. Shotgun with no wind canceling in "Concert mode"

If you are "right" about anything it is that the rocker button does not work. Happy?

O.K. I am really done here.

I think I have to disagree with you. I think what you are describing is not audio zoom at all. There are 3 mics on the X, and depending which mode you select, it will use the microphone which will produce the best results. from my understanding this is how it works at least.

There has already been a motorola rep that said the phones currently have no audio or video zoom at this point in time. period. how is this still a debate?

DebianDog
09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Yes it has three microphones (outward-facing for video, noise-canceling, and regular)

If you do not want to call the shifting use of those "zooming" O.K. But, Motorola does. In the manual. ;)

pitbull13
09-03-2010, 01:32 PM
I agree to disagree lol

egrafx
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes it has three microphones (outward-facing for video, noise-canceling, and regular)

If you do not want to call the shifting use of those "zooming" O.K. But, Motorola does. In the manual. ;)

I thought you "unsubscribed"...???