PDA

View Full Version : Advice on bluetooth stereo?

tracey
09-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I have some electrical issue going on where charging my phone while having it plugged in to my car cd player with an aux cable makes half my speakers go out and I get static. So I started thinking about getting a new stereo with bluetooth built in. Would I be able to play my music through the bluetooth connection? I am looking at 2 kenwoods at best buy both with bluetooth built in. Will I be able to control the music using the stereo? And will it automatically connect to my phone when I get in the car? I really dont know anything about bluetooth so thanks for helping me out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DebianDog
09-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Yep that's how it should work.

Ask the sales rep to bluetooth it for you so you can see how it sounds ;)

zachcr250
09-04-2010, 05:01 PM
I have a kenwood and its the best. I listen to Pandora and I can skip songs with kenwood remote. I think in the future it is also going to say artist and song on the deck because it says its testing now.

tracey
09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Which kenwood do you have? I have been looking at the sony mex bt5700u.

Asharad
09-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I had good luck with the Clarion CX609 for BT from my Droidx.

zachcr250
09-07-2010, 12:20 AM
I have the Excelon kdc_x994. A little pricy but worth every penny. I think there's a newer one out. Its pretty cool I get calls through my speakers and sms. It has satellite and HD radio. You have to be careful, I heard some decks the bluetooth doesnt sound so good. And go to a stereo shop, they know alot more.
Remember you need a deck with blue _tooth audio.

Asharad
09-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Also if it says "bluetooth ready" it does NOT have bluetooth. I almost fell for that trap.

tracey
09-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Do those stereos allow control off thee music through the stereo or do you have to use your phone? And do they display track info on the stereo from the phone?

Asharad
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Do those stereos allow control off thee music through the stereoCX609 does

And do they display track info on the stereo from the phone?CX609 does not

That option is not terribly important to me, since I use Slacker and Pandora. For those, you'll have to use the phone.

tracey
09-08-2010, 06:56 AM
I am now really leaning towards a jvc. It's the kwxr810. Bluetooth isn't built in but the adapter comes with it. But I like how it's double din and it uses avrcp 1.3. And every review I've read has been great.

zachcr250
09-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Yes, I can change songs with the remote. Trust me I did my reserch, you want kenwood.

tracey
09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Do you have to use the remote?

tracey
09-08-2010, 05:55 PM
So I just went to best buy and they had the jvc but not hooked up. Just my luck! But I did pair my phone with the kenwood 945u (?) and it will even show the track info on the stereo screen! However I am concerned now because the installer told me if you use the bluetooth it will only play through the front speakers. Is that true?!

zachcr250
09-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Not at all. But it is a setting. Mine has a setting to play through all and sounds grate. That's why I recomend going to a car audio shop. Like audio exculence or one like it. They know more and cheaper insulation. Best Buy is fifty dollars plus hardware. I think.

tracey
09-09-2010, 05:36 AM
While I like the kenwood and it does what I want I really want a double din one. So I am going to try the jvc one first. There is only one audio store around me besides best buy that is a jvc dealer so I will call today and see if they have it to try out. I think I will order it on crutchfield. It includes shipping, the kit and harness and installation instruction specific to your car. My husband has two friends that im sure can handle it. But crutchfield said if I dont like the jvc I can return it. And if that happens im definitely getting the kenwood!

MelissaJae
09-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Bluetooth Headsets and Bluetooth Headphones. Let The Tech Boss (http://www.youtube.com/mytechboss) show you how to use them properly on youtube at mytechboss's Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/mytechboss)