PDA

View Full Version : Cant' access the web after Droid X reset

larcrow
06-25-2016, 07:59 AM
I originally posted a version of this item on the Droid Rescue Site but there doesn't seem to be much action or interest there so I am restating it here..

I have used my Droid X (ver 2.3.4) for many years for a variety of WiFi and Bluetooth activities long after I canceled my Verizon phone link. But due to some recent problems I chose to do a factory reset and after a bit of confusion I managed to restore the operating system. While WiFi seems to be functional I cannot access the Google web site and link to my account. I continually get the message "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" and there is some indication it might still think I'm still linked in some way to Verizon. My WiFi signal is strong and I have no problem connecting all of my PCs via WiFi to any web site. What am I missing?

sd_shadow
06-26-2016, 11:49 AM
I originally posted a version of this item on the Droid Rescue Site but there doesn't seem to be much action or interest there so I am restating it here..

I have used my Droid X (ver 2.3.4) for many years for a variety of WiFi and Bluetooth activities long after I canceled my Verizon phone link. But due to some recent problems I chose to do a factory reset and after a bit of confusion I managed to restore the operating system. While WiFi seems to be functional I cannot access the Google web site and link to my account. I continually get the message "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" and there is some indication it might still think I'm still linked in some way to Verizon. My WiFi signal is strong and I have no problem connecting all of my PCs via WiFi to any web site. What am I missing?
this site has almost no activity for 2 years

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

sd_shadow
06-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Stick to the other thread
This thread will be closed.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk