PDA

View Full Version : Can't get on the web after X reset

larcrow
06-15-2016, 04:57 PM
For the last several years I have used my old Droid X (2.38) for a variety f non-phone functions that frequently access the internet. Recently, after a frustrating period of not being able to access any web site even though I could connect to the internet I decided to reset the X to factory settings and see if that could clear things up . When I did so I initially ended up on a screen that will not let me do anything else but Activate which requires interfacing with Verizon and my old phone number which I no longer have. I finally discovered the Android System Recovery Utility for reinstalling the system files that uses the Power and Home buttons followed by simultaneous Volume buttons that finally ends up with 4 selections to Reboot System Now, Apply update rom sdcard, Wipe data factory reset and Wipe cache partition.

That in conjunction with the four corner touch screen process resulted in regaining some semblance of functionality however, although I can connect to the internet I cannot get accepted by Google to access any web site. Using the default browser and my ID and Google account password I repeatedly get the message: "The web page at Google (http://www.google.com/m?client=ms-android-verizon&source=android-home) might be temporarily down or it many have moved to a new web address". I know I must be on the wrong path since I am avoiding Verizon. Can you help?

sd_shadow
06-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Was it rooted?
what system version?

larcrow
06-19-2016, 07:44 AM
It was not rooted. I believe the OS was 2.38

sd_shadow
06-19-2016, 03:17 PM
It was not rooted. I believe the OS was 2.38
there is no os with that number that I'm aware of
Android version will be like: 2.3.4
System version will be like: 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Flintlock
06-20-2016, 03:17 AM
Edit already answered

larcrow
06-20-2016, 03:55 PM
I apologize, the android version is 2.3.4 and the system version us 45.621.10.MB810

sd_shadow
06-26-2016, 12:55 PM
could try reflashing the firmware with RSD Lite or ezSBF links in my
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for: Droid X (MB810) (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QZtlBNvzefJXL1QAM5FJWJWlXHmy4skwmya-XaTM5QE/edit?usp=sharing)

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk