PDA

View Full Version : Droid X2 is currently at Activation Screen

juliegnh
11-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Hi - can I upgrade to CM10 while the phone state is currently at the Activation Screen for an X2 that was Factory Reset? I am not going to use it as a phone, only want to uae WiFi, Yahoo Mail, GMail apps to it to have around the house. Just want to know this before I start investigating the procedures. I am assuming that CM10 is the ROM I should try, unless anyone has any other input for what I want to use the phone to do. I found the instruction page on this website and want to give it w whirl this weekend, but wanted to make sure it's even possible. Any advice will be appreciated - and I am open to trying any current ROMS, just don't know what they all are.

Thanks!!!

sd_shadow
11-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Hi - can I upgrade to CM10 while the phone state is currently at the Activation Screen for an X2 that was Factory Reset? I am not going to use it as a phone, only want to uae WiFi, Yahoo Mail, GMail apps to it to have around the house. Just want to know this before I start investigating the procedures. I am assuming that CM10 is the ROM I should try, unless anyone has any other input for what I want to use the phone to do. I found the instruction page on this website and want to give it w whirl this weekend, but wanted to make sure it's even possible. Any advice will be appreciated - and I am open to trying any current ROMS, just don't know what they all are.

Thanks!!!

Bypass activation screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZMw0da3dc

You will likely find Eclipse 2.3 or CM7 more stable, easier to use.

Because of the locked bootloader, you need to be on a specific system version before installing a custom rom on the Droid X2
Eclipse 2.3 requires System Version 1.3.418/2.3.5
Most other roms (CM7, Cm9, CM10) require System Version 1.3.380/3.3.4
Find System Version in Settings/About phone

juliegnh
11-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks sd_shadow!!! The 4 corner bypass worked! I just checked and my system version is 4.5.605 Android 2.3.3 a former Verizon phone. It seems to work ok except for Yahoo Mail app (not compatible). What do you think? Should I do it, is it worth it or will I have to downgrade my system version first? Thanks for the help! - Oh, and I guess it's just a Droid-X, not the X2 - an MB810......not sure why I thought that!

sd_shadow
11-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Thanks sd_shadow!!! The 4 corner bypass worked! I just checked and my system version is 4.5.605 Android 2.3.3 a former Verizon phone. It seems to work ok except for Yahoo Mail app (not compatible). What do you think? Should I do it, is it worth it or will I have to downgrade my system version first? Thanks for the help! - Oh, and I guess it's just a Droid-X, not the X2 - an MB810......not sure why I thought that!
cm11 for Droid X works pretty good
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2670547
[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X (2015)

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk