PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find 3G system hack to increase download speed

knowNuttin
09-18-2014, 02:23 PM
I read a forum post here about (after root) going to the text file in the "System" and write a new entry
in that text file (a system ini file I think) from a 1 to a 10 , to increase the 3G download throughput.
In the same forum post I recommended a re-write of another text file to change the phone settings for
the scan time for tower seeks, which is suppose to make the "Phone Reception Bars" more stable and accurate.

HOWEVER, I spent yesterday and some of today lookin at the sticky's and posts, also doing this forum searches for
3G settings, reception bars, 3g bars, 3g hacks, 3g system settings, and many other searches, and I am unable
to find any reference to this? ?

I would really really be thankful for some help to find this sort of thing, to increase 3G download throughput. :sorry:

sd_shadow
09-18-2014, 05:29 PM
I read a forum post here about (after root) going to the text file in the "System" and write a new entry
in that text file (a system ini file I think) from a 1 to a 10 , to increase the 3G download throughput.
In the same forum post I recommended a re-write of another text file to change the phone settings for
the scan time for tower seeks, which is suppose to make the "Phone Reception Bars" more stable and accurate.

HOWEVER, I spent yesterday and some of today lookin at the sticky's and posts, also doing this forum searches for
3G settings, reception bars, 3g bars, 3g hacks, 3g system settings, and many other searches, and I am unable
to find any reference to this? ?

I would really really be thankful for some help to find this sort of thing, to increase 3G download throughput. :sorry:try [MOD] 3 CDMA mods updated 7/11/12 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1466245)

knowNuttin
09-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Tanks Again! to SD SHADOW . . . Yea that's the page I saw, I thought it was here at droidxforums , I have the
CyanogenMod ver 10, alpha 3, on X2, and the system "build.prop" does NOT have the line -
persist.ril.uart.flowctrl
anywhere I could see , nor the line
ro.mot.eri.losalert.delay
but there is a section of text labeled "3g improvement speed" (or some such label) with a bunch of ro.mot lines
However, the 3G throughput performance is much less than when on the stock android 2.3.4 platform.
Was hoping to get some improvements, I may to add those lines to the "build.prop", and see if it will still boot
and have better 3g.
Looks Like I may have to learn more about the Motorola MOD development than I have time to do. :omg: