PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Stock Problems Continue

danDroid
08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.droidforums.net/img/droid-x-9-13-10.jpg

The Motorola Droid X shipping date continues to get pushed back at VerizonWireless.com. The product ordering page for the X is now showing "Will be Shipped by 9/13/2010". This is the longest delay I've seen since the release. Also, a few online retailers including WireFly and Bestbuy are reporting to be out of stock as well with up to 2-3 weeks before shipping.

http://www.droidforums.net/img/best-buy-out-of-stock1.jpg

If this information has you bummed, don't worry we got you covered. We've done some additional searching and it appears LetsTalk.com (http://www.letstalk.com/motorola-droid-x-verizon-wireless) and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/misc/amazon_icon.gif (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B003UESOGA/) Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B003UESOGA/)
are both showing to have Droid X's in stock. A few calls to brick and mortar retailers turned up our local Walmart was the only place to have a couple in stock. In other Droid News the Droid Incredible and Droid 2 are both showing to be in stock on VerizonWireless.com and shipping immediately.

didiwags
08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Well when you have so many different phones to make, I can only imagine it will get worse before it gets better! They should chill out on rushing out another release of there next phone and get these orders taken care of. I am all for better but these releases are getting to close!

hollywood
08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Well when you have so many different phones to make, I can only imagine it will get worse before it gets better! They should chill out on rushing out another release of there next phone and get these orders taken care of. I am all for better but these releases are getting to close!

+1

Agreed.

Viper3773
08-31-2010, 01:52 AM
amazon is out of stock, if you add to cart it says ships usually within 4-6 weeks..

steeda331
08-31-2010, 02:19 AM
I just ordered mine through Verizon! Says it will ship by 9/13! I should get another email for confirmation tomorrow to find out for sure when It will ship.

Jeyrivera89
08-31-2010, 05:21 AM
I say everyone should just chill, I was given a 30 day window but received mine in less than a week. I think the Deliver by dates are just heavy estimates. (for most people)

Garemlin
08-31-2010, 05:26 AM
At least some people are getting them. It isn't as bad as the Incredible shortages. And this is a very popular phone. Funny thing is from talking to some of them before release most retailers I went in to didn't anticipate the popularity of the X.

Jeyrivera89
08-31-2010, 05:31 AM
Same here, I was shopping the DX before it was released and it was sold out before it even came out. Nearly every single retailer was out the first 3 days.

Evelgest
08-31-2010, 08:18 AM
Ugh, I wish Verizon would have anticipated this. I have a friend getting a DX for his first smartphone. When I bought my DX, the DInc was completely sold out. Now Verizon has a boatload of DIncs and no DXs. My friend was told he'd have to wait two weeks.

AustinB
08-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I ordered my DroidX on the 8th of last month, it wasn't supposed to ship out until the 25th and i wasn't supposed to get it until the 27th, but i got my tracking number the 19th and it came the 23rd. Whatever the ship date says when you order is around when you will get the phone. If the ship date changes after you order you still get it when it said when you order. They are just shipping out as they become available to those in order on the waiting list.

Hope my waiting experience helps explain the waiting situation..

Alairan
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
I ordered mine on the 6th of this month and was told the 28th for delivery. Mine came the morning of the 11th. From what I've read from others here. The ship date seems to be a worst case scenario with most people getting their phones much earlier.

Chuck
08-31-2010, 02:50 PM
I ordered mine online at Sears.com/cellular, part of Sears Roebuck online go to cell phones, I got it in 3 days from ordering, I kept asking if they had it in stock and yes many times, when all done I get an email that it will be 2 weeks and out of stock, I replied with and email that I asked many times about in stock and I got another email that it be delivered in 3 days which it was.

Jeyrivera89
08-31-2010, 03:15 PM
A little patience goes along way. The DX is a fantastic device, however, doesn't mean we all have to act like morons over this...

my opinion ;X

hollywood
08-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Ugh, I wish Verizon would have anticipated this. I have a friend getting a DX for his first smartphone. When I bought my DX, the DInc was completely sold out. Now Verizon has a boatload of DIncs and no DXs. My friend was told he'd have to wait two weeks.

Keep in mind that Motorola does not manufacture the Droid Incredible. HTC is the responsible party for the DInc. HTC has more manufacturing power for those phones because they are [rumoured] to have help from Google in manufacturing and update roll-outs. That's why HTC is pretty fast when it comes to the Android phones. The only downside is that their phones feel cheap and gimmicky. Motorola builds there phones out of stronger and more durable materials. So, if you think about it, you get a better deal with Moto, even if you have to wait almost a month to get the phone.

HTC pushes them out and fixes them as they go, and Motorola takes their time building the phones so you know you get something pretty close to rock solid. Yeah, there are bugs and burps, but that's normal for mass manufacturing. :)

The wait will be worth it. Trust me. :)

hollywood
08-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh. Also: the market is moving fast, so Motorola most likely made a last minute decision to get the phones they had made already out onto the trucks to ship to keep up with the rest of the market and other powerful phones, and then play catch-up to meet demands as they went along. Otherwise, they might have released a phone that was outdated the day it came out.

movadoevo8
09-01-2010, 12:54 PM
This is good problem. Means the demand is huge meaning Android taking over :)

Synyster
09-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Just checked my for area, and the shipping date was pushed back another 6 days. I guess a lot of people want this phone.

AustinB
09-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Just checked my for area, and the shipping date was pushed back another 6 days. I guess a lot of people want this phone.
Truth

illb1u2
09-02-2010, 04:12 AM
I think this push back is due to the 2.2 upgrade.... basically that's what happened to the incredible after they found a new screen vender. Mabe hard for vzw to push updates to millions of.phones easier to stay in the 10 to 100k realm either way moto knew vzw would push it like the original should have had the chinese bender be prepared

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gracie0570
09-02-2010, 06:56 AM
I got lucky. Went to verizon 15mins after they opened on launch day and I picked up the very last DX :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jfoust
09-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I ordered mine from a Brick and Mortar VZW Store on Aug 19. They told me there was about a 2-week backlog. I got my X yesterday, Sep 1, so they were about right.

seanr42
09-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Got mine at Costco only had to wait a week, put you on a waiting list and called when they came in. The day they called me they had gotten 10 in and by time I got there they were down to just 2 left. But seems like they get them quick

Veldy
09-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I just ordered mine through Verizon! Says it will ship by 9/13! I should get another email for confirmation tomorrow to find out for sure when It will ship.

Verizon nearly always ships the phone so that you receive it BEFORE the estimated date; sometimes way before. Just an FYI.

mikeinrichmond
09-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Just lucked-out and got mine yesterday. They had only one new one at the local Best Buy and were nice enough to hold it for me. Let's just say I'm glad no LEO's were around to gauge the speed I was going.. :)

zoe
09-06-2010, 12:31 AM
I ordered my droid x on a weds. from cellular deals dot com, and at the time there was a 1-2 week delay being quoted for shipping, the next day after I placed my order the site was saying it was a 2-3 week delay for new orders. On sat. I got emailed that the order was completed and shipped and would arrive on tues. I think many stores are quoting longer delays to cover themselves. maybe i got lucky... but it appears many other s are getting much quicker than expected

AP article released the day after I placed my order said the shortage is actually due to inadequate chip supply at the manufacturing level, so it's not exactly customer demand or any conspiracy..

Hellbent
09-06-2010, 12:43 AM
(newbie)

I've been searching all over Phoenix and coming up empty. I had a couple interesting discussions with various sales people.

a) Best Buy is giving preference (seems like) to people who put $$ down and buy a gift card. A friend was skipped on a wait list repeatedly until he bought the card and received a call the next day. Sounds dubious a bit, I agree.
b) Just about every rep from the Verizon store to Sam's club to Fry's electronics seem to feel that Verizon is holding back. Not putting stock out and 'testing the market' to see if we (the consumer) will tolerate pre-order. This may be supported by abnormally long reported leadtimes, but phones actually shipping sooner. Sort of trying a different business model. Apparently there was a lot of extra shipping going on between stores and hence is more expensive, etc.
c) shipping dates to the stores seems odd as well. Two different Fry's claim that they have phones coming in, yet the last date was missed as well.

Given all this, I'm just going to swing by Fry's tomorrow and see if they got any. If not, I'll order mine and hopefully see it sooner than the ship date that is stated.

Not that I'm impatient or obsessive or anything.

HB

They didn't get any in, so I ordered online from VZ. 9/20 quoted ship date.

Million
09-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Ordered last week from VZ...still eagerly awaiting the 13th..

illb1u2
09-09-2010, 01:06 AM
I've seen these come in about 7-9 days after ordering now so moto must be ramping up production orders from our store is still 30-40 a.week. and im in a little redneck town in tx lol

dzchey21
09-11-2010, 08:53 PM
sure hope that i can get mine before the quoted 22nd date on verizons web site, i checked out amazon and they are quoting 4-6 weeks for the ship date... what a bummer i sure would like to have one soon.

Gorgerax
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Everyone. After much research and vacillating between the Droid X, Evo 4G and the Galaxy class Samsung's I ordered a Droid X from Walmart/Let's Talk, Inc ($50 cheaper) on August 27th. They originally estimated they'd receive shipments from Motorola by Sept 20th. Earlier this week, they've moved that date up to this coming Mondays, Sept 13th.

Hope so!

rawdog2222
09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe I am just extremely lucky...but I ordered the Samsung Fascinate for my GF yesterday (Sep 13) and took advantage of the "get any second phone from Verizon free". Needless to say I ordered the Droid for myself, and just received an email saying it was shipped. Judging by the one day shipping tim on my GF's Fascinate (from Memphis to NY), I expect to receive mine tomorrow.

Ordered - Sept 13
Shipped - Sept 14
Estimated Arrival - Sept 15

LUCKY!

Kristamo
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I ordered my Droid X and was told it would be 2 weeks... I got it in about 12 days, but it seemed like forever =(

wneubauer
09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Ordered today, Verizon is shipping overnight, will have it tomorrow. Sounds like they have caught up.

iserian
09-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Yes they have been caught up for the past week.

lesdawg
10-02-2010, 03:24 PM
i ordered my droid x on sept 1 the online store said it would ship on 9-17-10.....i got it on 9-10-10 ...maybe i was lucky r what

psychotic_penguin
10-10-2010, 12:56 PM
You guys are most fortunate, I ordered mine on Aug 8th and got it on the 20th, but at least I had a D1 to pass the time.