PDA

View Full Version : I don't know of it's the phone or the battery.

yj555
06-28-2014, 04:05 PM
I still have the Milestone X, since where I live it's only 2 years old. The thing is that, since the first battery was ending way faster than usual (say, 1 hour of charge, 10 minutes of battery) , I've been on a cable most of the time, the same one you use for the bootloader battery issue, and finally got my hands on a 3,800 mAh battery off of eBay that was supposedly new, but has always given me about 20 minutes of charge and 1 hour of usage. The battery also goes down really steeply from 60 to 48 and 20 to 5 percent. I've learned that OEM batteries are the way to go, but I'm scared that the phone is the problem. Since the phone didn't have a battery inserted, one of the pins rotated just a bit to the side, plus it was next to my laptop's vent for some time. I don't know if the device got damaged or the batteries just don't work. If the latter is mostly true, please give me some links to get a proper battery. If not, could I fix it?

If it's worth anything, I have run, in order, Motorola's froyo, then gingerbread, then unofficial cm11, and I'm currently on liquidics

sd_shadow
06-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Those large capacity non-oem batteries have a high rate of unsatisfied customers.
The phone likely can not charge it fully, could buy a spare battery charger $5 on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Dock-Wall-Battery-Charger-For-Motorola-Atrix-4G-Droid-X-BH5X-MB810-MB860-/251321037401?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&var=&hash=item3a83e6b259) - amazon (http://www.amazon.com/SODIAL-External-Battery-Charger-Motorola/dp/B008XRBS26/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1404081107&sr=8-10&keywords=mb810+charger).
Could try stock rom.
Could try a different wall charger.

yj555
06-29-2014, 06:42 PM
OK then. Happened in stock too and have used like 4 different wall chargers. I'll try getting one off eBay. Also, I've never calibrated the battery, and so many ROMs have passed through that phone that I'll try it to see if it can fix it. If not, the battery. Thanks once again.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk