PDA

View Full Version : Droid X and X2 Stock Theming Help

Erican
01-16-2014, 08:39 PM
I have a family of droid X2's and X's and I recently updated them to Android 2.3.5. Now, I've tried CM7 and CM10. CM7 has horrible WiFi issues and CM10 is just too laggy. So I finally just SBF'd to stock after utter frustration with CM7. And yesterday I discovered launchers. Tried out a few different ones and they fixed all my FPS gripes with the stock android and I am very happy with it except for one thing. The status bar/notifications and the menus. Now I looked at UoT kitchen and it seemed to have what I wanted but i'm having trouble using it and not entirely sure how to use it with stock gingerbread. Will it work properly with stock? It asked for ROM's and what not and they didn't have the stock files on hand as far as I could tell so I would have to upload them. I was going for basically exactly what CM7/Stock 4.X looked like in the menus. I could really use some help deciding what to do with this. I'm going to get it working on my X2 and hopefully flash/install it to my other X2's and X's in the family as the stock is horrible. Thanks in advance guys!

sd_shadow
01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
I have a family of droid X2's and X's and I recently updated them to Android 2.3.5.there's no 2.3.5 for Droid X (MB810)

Now, I've tried CM7 and CM10. CM7 has horrible WiFi issues and CM10 is just too laggy.droid x2's (MB870) need to be running 2.3.4, before installing cm7 or cm10

So I finally just SBF'd to stock after utter frustration with CM7. And yesterday I discovered launchers. Tried out a few different ones and they fixed all my FPS gripes with the stock android and I am very happy with it except for one thing. The status bar/notifications and the menus. Now I looked at UoT kitchen and it seemed to have what I wanted but i'm having trouble using it and not entirely sure how to use it with stock gingerbread. Will it work properly with stock? It asked for ROM's and what not and they didn't have the stock files on hand as far as I could tell so I would have to upload them. I was going for basically exactly what CM7/Stock 4.X looked like in the menus. I could really use some help deciding what to do with this. I'm going to get it working on my X2 and hopefully flash/install it to my other X2's and X's in the family as the stock is horrible. Thanks in advance guys!sorry really have no idea if UoT kitchen will work with the droid X or X2. I recommend Roms Eclipse 2.3 for MB870's and Liquid ICS 2.0 for MB810s
links in my lists sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for: Droid X (MB810) (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QZtlBNvzefJXL1QAM5FJWJWlXHmy4skwmya-XaTM5QE/edit#) and Droid X2 (MB870) (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVqP5Of_IDhItCsx_6MlbLBEKYoQUz9bnPKaYWjouC4/edit#).

Erican
01-16-2014, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! And yeah, I realized about the differences between the X and X2

sd_shadow
01-16-2014, 10:19 PM
see https://www.google.com/search?q=UoT+kitchen+droid+x+site:www.droidxforums .com&espv=210&es_sm=122