PDA

View Full Version : gmail not syncing

lleb
12-20-2013, 08:38 AM
I just installed gummy last night, love it btw, and it would appear the only feature that I've tested that does not work is gmail. It constantly states waiting to sync, and this is still after 7+ hours. My contacts sync, google+ syncs, gmail refuses to sync.

I have followed the typical troubleshooting steps provided by google and even removed, added my gmail account back to the phone with no luck. Help would be greatly appreciated.

phone = Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
Gummy-1.1-11-22-13-UNOFFICIAL
build date = Nov 22, 12:55:43 CST 2013
build # KRT16S
android v 4.4

hope that is enough to get the ball rolling, please let me know what more info you need to better help you help me.

Thank you in advance.

sd_shadow
12-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Welcome to the site,
This site is specifically for the Motorola Droid X and X2,
It's fine to ask question about other devices, but you may get better help from a site that supports your device.
I will move this thread to off topic section

sd_shadow
12-20-2013, 09:34 AM
with Motorola devices, these settings may need to be checked
menu>system settings>battery & data manager>
data saver (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/70186) should be uncheck, unless you are trying to limit data usage
and
menu>system settings>battery & data manager>data delivery (http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=40165)
check 'data enabled'
check 'background data'

lleb
12-20-2013, 10:46 AM
thanks, all. sorry to post in wrong place.

lleb
12-20-2013, 11:10 PM
not sure if there is a [SOLVED] for this forum, but the solution was to go through the process of installing gummy a 2nd time with the google apps. everything functions perfectly now. im very pleased with both the phone and the gummy ROM.

Not sure if this will help others, but there it is. It appears I had a bad install of the ROM the first time around... Not only was gmail not syncing, but it turns out that after 12hrs or so the wifi stopped completely. reinstalling the ROM along with the google apps has solved the issues. all of them. phone is perfect now.

sd_shadow
12-20-2013, 11:15 PM
good, enjoy your rom.