PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my Droid X on a prepaid plan(tmobile? AT&T? page plus?) help im a noob

svperstar
09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
So my job gave me a Droid X back in 2011 for free with a free 2 gig plan.

I still work there but they no longer pay for my phone. Today was the last day. They allowed me to keep the Droid X but I need my own plan now.

I figured I would stick with Verizon but for some reason the Droid X doesn't work with prepaid and instead I have to go with "pay as you go" which is $90 minimum a month. So I dont think I will go with verizon.

Never dealt with prepaid cellphones before in my life. My credit isn't very good so I don't want to try to sign up for a contract.

I understand that the Droid X has no SIM card but I just don't understand which company to go with.

Been 24 hours I have had no phone number and I want to have one by the end of the day tomorrow.

Thank you :)

connie
09-19-2013, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=svperstar;627149]So my job gave me a Droid X back in 2011 for free with a free 2 gig plan.

I still work there but they no longer pay for my phone. Today was the last day. They allowed me to keep the Droid X but I need my own plan now.

I figured I would stick with Verizon but for some reason the Droid X doesn't work with prepaid and instead I have to go with "pay as you go" which is $90 minimum a month. So I dont think I will go with verizon.

Never dealt with prepaid cellphones before in my life. My credit isn't very good so I don't want to try to sign up for a contract.

I understand that the Droid X has no SIM card but I just don't understand which company to go with.

Been 24 hours I have had no phone number and I want to have one by the end of the day tomorrow.

I have a Droid X on pageplus and works fine. Check out their plans pagepluscellular.com. No credit check is required.

sd_shadow
09-19-2013, 10:49 AM
yes, page plus is the easiest, they are on the verizon network so you just need to create an account, and activate.

other options
Say buh-bye to VZW: Flashing your Droid X to Cricket or MetroPCS (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/19865-say-buh-bye-vzw-flashing-your-droid-x-cricket-metropcs.html)

should be able to flash droid x to straight talk, but have not seen clear instructions on how to do that.

csk415
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Depending where you live clear talk can flash your dx for their service. Pretty cheap and also use vzw towers.
http://www.cleartalk.net/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

dxagain
09-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Just get the bring your own phone card for straight talk at wal mart. Go online and sign up/activate DX and your good to go.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

Natey2
09-29-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't mean to digress, but...
Install Google Voice (free) and Groove IP (to dial), and you'll have a Wi-Fi phone with unlimited minutes. I did that on a generic sub-$100 tablet, and it works.
Certainly not a replacement for cellular service, but if you're gonna be around Wi-Fi networks often...

Sent from my rooted DroidX using Tapatalk 2