PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Moved app out of /sys folder

Leathan
09-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Introduction: Hi everyone, sorry to disturb i have a problem...This problem is slightly technical, and i can comprehend any fixes despite their technical nature. However if you have any non technical ideas or even if your not sure please suggest something im quite desperate.....Problem: i have 2.3 stock and root (I HAD TOO...HADDDDDDTOO!!!!) ...When i boot phone i get stuck on motto logo screen (no animation)...I had an app called system tuner installed by myself to /system folder....I moved that app out of /system folder and instantly started getting notification pop ups nearly back to back telling me individual activities and services were crashing. Eventually and many notifications later my phone apparently had nothing left running on it and just displayed a screen showing me my battery charge, and showing that it was charging. So it was taking charge. But it accepted no user actions at all.... I am very very scared because on this phone i dont have cwm app. i didnt want to play around as much as i did on my other phones (never bricked one) but i should have gotten cwm because now i can boot into recovery mode but factory reset data and clear cache did not work...I am not sure what the other modes like nvflash do but i believe that would allow me to push software via flashing? I do not know how to would do this, and also since I have. 2.3 and its not totally unlocked yet im not sure if i can....Sadly i have no idea what the other modes are and will read about them now, but they seem like dead ends. Please if you have any ideas at all let me know... Im so stupid for doing this but i need this phone im in china and cant just go buy another... Things are very very different here... Just getting android apps or products is hard as hell... And u get scammed.....Sorry for such a long post last thing!!!...I have an idea to get an sd card and an adapter to plug it into my tiny laptop, i then can make my own stock file for atrix 4g and try to use "recover from sd" in "android recovery mode". Should i try that? Im poor, and in debt so i rather confirm that this is different from factory reset data... It should be the same.....But that depends on where the phone keeps that data internally........ And on weather or not my actions corrupted that data....Ok done.. Please help!!

Leathan
09-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Does anyone know if "android recovery mode" "recover from sdcard" will accept a entire backup made by "titanium backup" or do i need to indeed go make a custom backupfile? If so how :/?

sd_shadow
09-17-2013, 11:32 PM
try Safe Mode (http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34184)
if that works install Bootstrap (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ds6tlVHsAy9ZwkswQ8OZdclJRfd3YPXVSQBc0ofsZQE/edit#)

are you using as phone or just wifi device?

Leathan
09-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Totally wifi device, however i had china mobile sim card on it for 2 months 4 months ago.Safe mode is both vol up and down at the same time? That takes me to a screen that says "starting rsd protocol" and it stays there, if safe mode is vol down that takes me to android recovery mode and i can boot their.

Edit: reading ur link now

sd_shadow
09-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Which model version is on label under battery?
Should be like mb810 or a956

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Leathan
09-17-2013, 11:56 PM
I dont see mb860 as an option in that link.

sd_shadow
09-17-2013, 11:59 PM
I dont see mb860 as an option in that link.

Edit: sorry is this forum not for motorolla atrix?

No, just the droid x and x2.
better try a different forum for more informed help

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Moved to off topic

Leathan
09-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Okie, thanks alot for ur time best forum yet ;)

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:06 AM
I would try xda or droid forums
Maybe some links in my list
sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs.... (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLWA/edit)

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Try http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=995

Leathan
09-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Zero help from xda.Infact i end up helping them (google) alot with those captias of signs....I had an account for years but now it says since i registered my google account that thats the day i truely joined !!?Haha dont worry i will fix this problem eventually maybe it will get me back into android programming :) ive been with visual basics haha bye thanks

Edit: if u can do 10 of their captias in 60 seconds i will give you 25$ vis paypal when im back in argentina ;)

Edit: ok maybe 40 seconds ;))

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Safe mode should be the same as droid x2 http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/43641

Leathan
09-18-2013, 12:25 AM
You ae quite possibly the most helpfull person on the net! Thanks i will be reading through all of that, i already posted to the developer of system tuner and on xda. Ill be reading all that you sent me.One question: what is bell atrix? Big warnings about that. I have mb860 idk what bell atrix is?

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:29 AM
I would just flash one of the SBFs (https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/atrix-sbf-files) with rsd lite
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVqP5Of_IDhItCsx_6MlbLBEKYoQUz9bnPKaYWjouC4/edit#bookmark=id.rokoc592mqc8)bootloader hasn't been unlocked has it?

or better if you have a Linux or mac
use flash with linux or mac with (http://blog.opticaldelusion.org/search/label/sbf_flash)sbf_flash
(http://blog.opticaldelusion.org/search/label/sbf_flash)then the radio will not get flashed

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:34 AM
You ae quite possibly the most helpfull person on the net! Thanks i will be reading through all of that, i already posted to the developer of system tuner and on xda. Ill be reading all that you sent me.One question: what is bell atrix? Big warnings about that. I have mb860 idk what bell atrix is?I think bell atrix is just the At&t flashed version

Leathan
09-18-2013, 12:40 AM
I am reading that not having the bootloader unlocked yet for versions 2.3 android on mb860 will blow a fuse and brick the phone totally. Am i wrong in saying the bootloader is locked? I am fairly certain no sbf file exist for 2.3 and im scared that if i flash to a lower version that it will blow a fuse since i am currently on 2.3 and i never unlocked the bootloader.

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:53 AM
at least on motorola's the efuse if it's blown is done upgrading, and does not allow older versions to be flashed.
so you have 2.3.3 if you flash 2.3.4 or 2.3.5 an efuse maybe blown depends on the sbf.

so once on 2.3.4 you would not be able to flash 2.3.3 (if there was a 2.3.3 sbf), but still could flash the 2.3.4 or 2.3.5
once the 2.3.5 was flash if a efuse was blown only the 2.3.5 sbf would work
flashing a older sbf should only soft brick phone, flashing correct sbf version would fix/restore.

this is just base on the several motorola phones I have (DX, D2, D2G, DX2, D3, and D4)

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 01:06 AM
this looks safe
[STOCK ROM] Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread 4.5.91 (Safest Update) - xda-developers

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1163342)edit:
and read [WARNING] Don't Hard Brick Your Atrix! Look Here. - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1160408)

Leathan
09-18-2013, 01:17 AM
I had 2.3.6Not 100% :( i think i am just going to do it. Thanks alot.

Its good as bricked now anyway...

Leathan
09-18-2013, 03:33 AM
Ha ha ha, every single file relating to flashing has a broken link. And i checked on my backup i have 2.3.4.Apparently no one cares about this product anymore. Literally every link is broken.Again thanks.

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 06:05 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/atrix-sbf-files

Leathan
09-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Cool thanks yet again going to see if i can get the files and do this.. Couldnt find them checking ur link now.Strange behavior i found... If plugged in to a charger i can click the screen on button and it passes the moto logo screen and takes me to the full screen view of my battery. AND it still shows it charging! Which is good.

I went out and bought the sd card... China is sort of great VERY RARLY... I got it for 1.30$ 1gb. But when i enter android recover mode and select update from sdcard i dont see my titanium backup backup. Clearly the two rnt compatible. I thought i could use this method to restore the phone with a backup stored on the sd card.

Im wrong?

Leathan
09-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Yes, file not found on all three options :(

fezrock
09-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Atrix is an older GSM phone. Sold mostly by AT&T here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Leathan
09-18-2013, 12:46 PM
New update on my status:I have installed android sdk with plugins and adb and the motto drivers. I then installed fastboot. I connected my phone in fastbootmode and...I open command prompt woth phone pluged in and type:"Fastboot devices" - and i get a match on my device.I type "fastboot eom unlock" - my bl is unlocked apparantlyI then downlpad cwm.img file and attempt to flash it to my recovery partition with "Flashboot flash recovery cwm.img" - i get "error: cannot load cwm.img"I have cwm.img in the correct path (with fastboot) and i also have the env variable set. I then try adb mode and type "adb devices" - no match (and i switched the phone to rsd and my computer gave me a popup saying moto adb drivers ready)ALSO developers from system tuner tell me the process is probably reversible simply by entering a linux shell via "adb shell" only problem is when i switch to rsd mode on phone i get "no device found"So any help... If i can just flash cwm to my recovery partition i can solve everythong!!!If i can just get into adb mode i can solve everything!!!!

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Think you need moto-fastboot.exe
There is a link in my list under adb/fastboot
sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs.... (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLWA/edit)

Leathan
09-18-2013, 12:59 PM
And i sucessfully flashed cwm.img ......I got flashing partition fecoveryFlashig mbr to device (WHATS MBR??)Then i get red letters " failed to process command flash:recovery error(0x180002)"Computer says finished so i unplugging :/...

Leathan
09-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Nothing is changed from before it seems...

Leathan
09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I think what i need is a file that i can actually flash over. Also i checked again the error might be because the bl is actually locked. So i might be wrong and it is locked which would mean it wont work.I need a file!!! Every link is broken... Ive read 10,000 comments and so many people cant find the file :(Need: sbf fileNeed: fix with fastbootNeed: adb to workIsnt the diff between motofastboot and fastboot that motofastboot allows larger files to be flashed?

Leathan
09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
I prefer not tp flash a complete sbf but at this point anything that works for my model ill do...

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 01:46 PM
I did find a sbf link at hotfile or google docs i think, copied link to my atrix page, but can not verify that it is good

Leathan
09-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Link please im downloading this one i found..Does it look at all right? Its an entire sbf im recharging battery now..Does that look okay? Does urs look better?

Leathan
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
1FF-olympus_emara-user-2.3.4-4.5.2A-74_OLE-20-release-keys-signed-shsg.sbf.gz565.14 MB uploaded April 10, 2012.Thats the one im dling now.

Leathan
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Idk what emara is >.>

30m download. And sometimes in beijing i get 66kbps

Yes you read that right.

Leathan
09-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I read warnings that you cannot flash sbf files with an updated bl and i dont think mine was ever unlocked.... But im desperate and in china i have no option but to go mad scientist :(I think ima brick it :/ lol

Leathan
09-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi please help... Apparently i am emara as firmware... And im international i found an sbf that worked but the file was corrupted!!!!!!! If i can just get a compatible sbf file i can flash right this second. Please post that link any link!

Leathan
09-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Even if you could post a link to the sbf of a rom that my cell will run i can do that... I rather dothat..

Edit nvm i cant do that woth rsdlite which is what im using...

sd_shadow
09-18-2013, 04:41 PM
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8qWhcj3dCatcW5vUjJ5LS1hY28/preview?pli=1

Leathan
09-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Lol i have checked over 20 links from xda, the last 5 Are virus's lol... I can delete them in half a second but for now i dont mind the bing search and all the adds... First need an sbf file i can flash to my mb860 international user... Emara i guess

I think i was right about xda haha...

Virus's rly? Cmon

Leathan
09-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi when i ran the sbf file in rsd i first noticed no "ram dl version" ... It says "N / A" And it says the same for bootloader version.But i clicked start anyway... It seemed like it worked then at last moment "failed flashing process phone did not re-enumerate after ram-download sent"Then i reset phone and its all still normally not working :( any other sbf file? Why wont this one work? Whats wrong? Not real file or not compatible?

Leathan
09-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Sd shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Guess what the problem was? The file i needed because my phone was bought on another island called Argentina was corrupted. i needed to flash only a tiny part (where the bl is) and the file i was using to do that was off bad link... Im shocked i didnt brick my phone.. My actions to recover it were intensely more severe than the one that got me here.... Regardless after i pushed that tiny file it allowed me to run the fastboot commands that i downloaded "oem unlock (id)" Once that was done i was able to flash the recovery partition with clockwork recovery mod. At this point the rest is easy as you know :) I want to say thanks to you, i didnt sleep for like 50 hours figuring this out and i was on 25 forums and 25 irc channels and reading 25 tutorials. YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT GAVE ME A HAND... Apparently the cool thing online now is just insult people and ridicule their dumb efforts rather than help. NO ONE HELPED ME!!! Granted everything we did was wrong but the logical moral and legal burden was on me since i just kept asking for links.... Anyway thanks so SOOOOOOO much..... South dekota eyyy? Ill be there in a few months... Beer, pizza, and something special ;);) on me!!!

Leathan
09-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Gunna use adb now and see if i actually damaged the data and how

Edit: i see nothing, i am not using any inspection tool tho so i cant see if its just to corrupted to read.

Installing random rom now lol any ideas for a good one for later for keeps? I like performance thats it.