PDA

View Full Version : Pictures Corrupted after System Reinstall

Jmac4506
07-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Hello!
A couple weeks ago, my phone was acting slow and sluggish so I decided to restore my Droid X to factory new.
I powered down... removed battery... removed sd card... put in fresh battery... powered up and began the phone flash restore.
When it finished, I powered the phone back down, inserted my sd card, and powered back up.
That's when I found it.. ALL the photos I took with the internal camera were present, but not readable.
I tried to view them on my PC.. nope! Said Windows could not display the photo due to not being up to date of the file is corrupt.
I have tried several programs that are for file recovery... nothing
I have tried to view them in another Droid X... nope.
Tried to view them in a Galaxy... nope
Tried renaming the file...changing the file extension... nope!

The wierd thing it's only the photos that were taken with the camera. All pics I saved via text or net download are fine.

Anyone have any clue as to what may have happened or hope I might recovery them?
I will pay money to get these back!
Thanks!

DroidXFanatic
07-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your pictures. What programs did you try for recovery? Did you remove memory card from phone and insert into a micro SD card reader to computer and try like that?

Jmac4506
08-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Wow... used Several... and I mean SEVERAL!
Yes, I pulled the card, used a reader... it sees all of them but they are all corrupted.

sd_shadow
08-04-2013, 09:56 PM
does sd card have a C with a number in it, like this?
or a U with a 1 in it, like this?

Jmac4506
09-06-2013, 07:34 PM
It has a C with a number 4 in it

Jmac4506
09-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Was it recoverable, did you use any recovery tool ?

I used the recovery "app" that is in the phone's root system