PDA

View Full Version : Turn Droid X into a mini computer?

minigts
06-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I got the SIII and cleared the Droid X, reset it to factory. What I am not sure is possible is, can I get the phone working without it trying to connect to the network and just use it as if I didn't have phone service on it? It has been rooted and I have the files to root it, but wasn't sure if it would still try and connect via the radio for the phone.

Do I need just to put a rooted image on it and start using it? I don't remember if there is a setting to turn off the cell radio and still have the wireless radio work.

DroidXFanatic
06-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Just put it in airplane mode and leave it like that. That will shut off all network connectivity but you can still connect to WiFi.

Sent from my Galaxy Note2 using Tapatalk 2

minigts
06-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Just put it in airplane mode and leave it like that. That will shut off all network connectivity but you can still connect to WiFi. Sent from my Galaxy Note2 using Tapatalk 2Duh, didn't think about that! Thanks for the reminder. Is there a way to get around the activation screen? I want to simply use it as a mini computer

clothednblack
06-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Like this

minigts
06-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Like this

Thanks for this. I tried, but it doesn't seem to work (for me:(). I have a rooted version of .621, not sure if that makes a difference. I tried touching #1, sliding to #2 and so on. Also tried touching #1, #2, etc. Continuing just in case I'm doing something wrong, but can you confirm if it's a slide to each number? Assuming it is based on the drawing.

minigts
06-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks for this. I tried, but it doesn't seem to work (for me:(). I have a rooted version of .621, not sure if that makes a difference. I tried touching #1, sliding to #2 and so on. Also tried touching #1, #2, etc. Continuing just in case I'm doing something wrong, but can you confirm if it's a slide to each number? Assuming it is based on the drawing.

Nevermind, I was touching in the status bar. I'm an idiot. I tend to say that a lot when trying to do stuff like this. :\ Thanks for the note!

clothednblack
06-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Sorry, I was busy. Glad you got it, I forgot to specify the touch not drag lol