PDA

View Full Version : Run of phones bad and good luck

csk415
06-07-2013, 10:22 PM
The bad... Well had a crappy week on phones. My girls razrs power button decided to crap out after 17 months. Two days later my wife's D3 (23 months) got possessed and started doing some weird stuff. All past manufacturers warranty. I have insurance on all phone's so figured 2 claims were in the future.
The good.... For some reason I called vzw first and explained what was going on. The vzw rep said since I had insurance I also had a extended warranty on all my devices (did not know this). The extended warranty is good for as long as I have the phones and cover manufacturers defects. Got them both replaced under warranty at zero cost.
Didn't ask if my X (37 months) had a extended warranty but I would guess so since I carry insurance on it. My back button is starting to wear out. Hmmmmmm.....
Good thing all phones have lived in cases since day one and still look almost new.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

clothednblack
06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
That's great news! Big red can be helpful sometimes.

DirtyDroid
06-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Nice man...good info...and glad it all worked out for you in the end...did not know about the insurance/warranty thing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BHuber09
06-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Big red helpful?! You are a lucky man indeed

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

csk415
06-08-2013, 06:17 AM
I was surprised to know I had an extended warranty. I thought the razr was close to being out of warranty but wasn't really sure which is why I called. The tech I talked to was very helpful. I have had better luck calling than going to a store. It seems that vzw has taken some measures to be more helpful and patient when we call. My recent calls to them have been pretty good overall. It wasn't this way in the past. Now if they would lower the price a little......

csk415
06-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Wouldn't you know it, the razr replacement wont read the sim card. Went through the hogwash with vzw tech support to try to fix the problem. Oh well, got another one on the way. Hope my wife's D3 repacement works this evening when I try it.

csk415
11-22-2013, 06:36 PM
To add to this story.
We have gone through 3 replacements on my wife's d3. When the 3rd one crapped out I called and expected to get another d3. To my surprise they told me that the replacement was the droid DNA. o.O I got home from work and found the DNA sitting on the table in a sealed box. If this is used it sure looks brand new. I have to say its a sexy looking phone. Now its time to play.....

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk