PDA

View Full Version : Rom tool box pro

csk415
06-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Rom tool box has the ability to take a GIF and make it a boot animation. Does anybody know if this will work on the dx? In my attempt to figure this out I thought I would compare a dx boot ani to the one tool box made. I converted a GIF and looked at the file to see if it had a bootanimation.zip. The converted GIF did not have the zip but a bunch of images. Will this still work if I let tool box install it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

clothednblack
06-03-2013, 04:43 PM
If I remember right, it worked on my DX but I had to find the right size to use, most came out distorted and resized which just looked bad but when I found the right gif, it looked really good.

csk415
06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Any chance I would have to sbf if it doesn't work?

BHuber09
06-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Any chance I would have to sbf if it doesn't work?

Nope. Its just a bootani. It just may feel like you have to because it'll be wrong haha

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

csk415
06-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Nope. Its just a bootani. It just may feel like you have to because it'll be wrong haha

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

Been there already. Tried replacing one manually through root explorer (my preferred method) once with a little misspelling. Sort of freaked when my ani didn't show. Had to set the phone down and walk away because I was at work and pretty much thought I was screwed. I was happy to see it booted just fine.

fezrock
06-03-2013, 08:37 PM
You can always unzip a bootani and replace the images. Rezip at zero compression. That's the basic stuff. It can be tweaked later if need be. You can even do this on your phone with Total Commander file explorer from ghisler dot com if you don't have a computer handy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2