PDA

View Full Version : Flashed my first ROM today

lmacmil
05-27-2013, 04:19 PM
I know this isn't a big deal to most of you but I'm relatively new to smartphones and a senior citizen to boot so it was a little scary for me. I will confess to buying an extra X2 to play with so if I screwed it up, I'd still have a working phone. ;)

Thank goodness for all the web resources available. I used the Tomsgt123 YouTube video for the rooting process (the phone is running 2.3.5) and that went smoothly. Then I installed BSR and finally the Eclipse 2.3 ROM. Everything went just like the instructions said it would. I like Eclipse a lot and love not having all the Motorola/Verizon bloatware. Tomorrow I will activate it on my Page Plus account.

Nemo aeternamn
05-27-2013, 07:01 PM
congrats on you're first flash... and it's a little unsettling you're first flash no matter your age... i did my first flash paranoid i was going to break something...

fezrock
05-27-2013, 07:53 PM
We still see it as a big deal. Congratulations! I actually "broke" my phone on the first flash. But with the resources available fixed it and tried again successfully.

And welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

DirtyDroid
05-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Congrats...and welcome to your new crack flashing addiction...hopefully :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
05-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Congrats! I think Nemo hit it on the head... My first ROM experience was with the X2 as well and I was super paranoid the entire time. It gets easier, and addicting very quickly.

maybish
05-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Yayyyyy congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BHuber09
05-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Congrats!!
I still remember my first flash. I was amazed by the boot animation of it. And then after it finished I couldn't remember my password to log in so I went without contacts/apps for a long while before I could reset my password haha

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices