PDA

View Full Version : Under volt?

joedajoester
05-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Hi, i'm just wondering if there is a way to undervolt my droid x running cm9. I am using wizardof0's hijacked bootmenu for overclocking, and I see vsel1 and it goes up to 4. It looks like this is the voltage control, but im not sure. I dont see why there are different voltages for each clock setting (not sure what to call them). Which one should i change, and by how much? Thanks :)
The voltage for each clocks are:
Vsel1: 34
Vsel2: 48
Vsel3: 54
Vsel4: 66

clothednblack
05-20-2013, 09:41 PM
They can all be changed but I would start with the lowest first, each one is in correspondence to the cpu, so changing all 4 at once wouldn't let you experiment, it would just end up with freezing and random reboots. Start with changing it by maybe 2-5 volts. Too low and you will see the difference real quick.

joedajoester
05-20-2013, 09:44 PM
I usually run it at the third clock which I made 750 MHz, so should I try that one? Clock 1 is 350, which is never used besides when in standby.

clothednblack
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
If I remember right, mine was around 700,i will see if I can find my old settings

joedajoester
05-20-2013, 10:06 PM
I lowered the third clock by two and I see no performance decrease or anything unusual. Since my fourth clock is overclocked, I'm going to leave the voltage for it. For clock 1&2, should I undervolt those too to save battery? Thanks for your quick response :)

Sorry for asking very dumb questions, I never did anything with over/under voltage before, I've only heard that it can be dangerous so I don't wanna mess things up.

clothednblack
05-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Under voltage won't hurt anything, you can use cpu spy to see all the settings your phone uses

joedajoester
05-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Thank you for all your help, hopefully I can get a little more from my battery now. I lowered everything by 4 volts, besides the overclock clock which is clock 4 because I have it as a over clock and I guess it won't be stable. Again, thank you so much for your help and quick replies :) One more thing,for the overclock clock, should I leave it as is or undervolt it? I feel like it would be unstable.

clothednblack
05-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I would leave it for a couple days, see what happens, then if all is well, change it slowly and test it out. Games may freeze or cause random reboots if set to low, so if this happens, just raise them back up. No problem helping, we have all been there and battery was always my priority when changing these settings.