PDA

View Full Version : Droid X battery issue

XPEH
04-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I got the phone from a friend, and I only use it as an mp3 player and to browse the internet over wifi, so mobile data, radio, etc is off. The battery life is about 2 hours while doing either. My Droid X was running 2.3.4 on the .621 kernel (OTA Updated). I've replaced the battery with a BP6X extended battery, but the battery life hasn't changed. I tried resetting the battery and installing light custom roms, but that didn't work either. The battery contacts are also clean and the phone doesn't heat up during use. What could be the problem?

BHuber09
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Is it two hours screen on time or two hours period, screen on off in between, everything?

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

jeems
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
When you installed the new roms did you immediately reinstall all your apps? A lot of times it is an installed app that is sucking the battery dry. Have you looked in your battery settings to see if there are any apps eating up too much battery?

XPEH
04-26-2013, 02:14 PM
It lasts about 2 hours with the screen on and 8 with it off. The battery dies quickly even when there are no apps installed.

BHuber09
04-26-2013, 06:33 PM
2 hours screen on is great battery life for the X.. I couldn't only manage 1:50 as my absolute best.

XPEH
04-27-2013, 03:07 PM
2 hours screen on is great battery life for the X.. I couldn't only manage 1:50 as my absolute best.

That can't be right. When I first got it, I could listen to music and browse the internet over wifi with the radio/data on for 4 hours. Now, it dies in 2 hours while just browsing the internet on the lowest brightness setting with the radio/mobile data/network disabled (I use it as an mp4 player). The battery goes down from 100% to 85% in an hour, then just jumps to 60% after 10 minutes, then jumps to 20% after another 10 minutes, then goes down to 1% and dies after 40 minutes. I tried wiping the battery stats and resetting the battery, but nothing changed. As I stated in my previous post, I got the BH6X extended battery, but the battery life is the same.