PDA

View Full Version : No android os

joedajoester
04-06-2013, 01:36 PM
So i tried flashing a custom rom and after i wiped all system data cache etc and went to install from sd card, there was no rom, so now i dont know what to do to fix it. I dont know how to get back into clockwork, or if i still can. I can only get back into the normal recovery menu, and when i try to install my nandroid backup from there, i get a box with a arrow pointing to a android symbol and nothing happens. Please help me. Could i possible try to use a stock rom and flash it from the normal recovery menu? Thanks

GoCliffGo05
04-06-2013, 02:18 PM
At this point, if you can't get into cwm it sounds like a SBF is what you need. Do you remember what system version you were on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

clothednblack
04-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Did you try the method with the phone off?

Step 1
Press and hold the Droid X's "Power" button. Respond affirmatively when the phone asks you to confirm that you want to shut off the device to power down the smartphone.
Step 2
Press and hold the "Power" button and the "Camera" button at the same time.
Step 3
Release the "Power" button after the Droid X begins to boot. Continue to hold the "Camera" button for five seconds after the device's boot screen appears.
Step 4
Release the "Camera" button. The device will now boot into Clockwork recovery mode.

SG3 ktweaked

joedajoester
04-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Okay, since my phone has no os, i just have to pull the battery. I held the camera button and power button till it turns on, and then release the power button and hold the camera for 5 seconds after, and i have the Motorola symbol. I need to sbf i guess. I wiped all system data in clockword mod and had no rom to install after, since it didnt appear for some reason. Oh, my version i was on was 2.3.4 .621.
EDIT* Can i just sbf with md5, it has a option to flash MB810 2.3.4 sbf

GoCliffGo05
04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Easiest way to SBF would be to use this: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/47718-how-root-4-5-621-magic-md5-does-not-require-milestone-sbf.html

I (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/47718-how-root-4-5-621-magic-md5-does-not-require-milestone-sbf.html)t also has the ability to root the phone once you have it restored.

joedajoester
04-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Okay, i did sbf and rooted, it all went fine :) This time when flashing, i went into clockworkmod to see if it will see my zip and it didnt. I dont know why it cant see it.

sd_shadow
04-06-2013, 04:13 PM
how did you put zip on sd card?

Sent from my XT862 using Droid X Forums

joedajoester
04-06-2013, 04:28 PM
I have a micro to sd adapter and i plug it in and just put the rom zip in the root of the card. Right now im formatting the card and going to see if that helps

sd_shadow
04-06-2013, 04:31 PM
why not connect phone, directly to pc?
can phone see sdcard, when running stock?
can you see rom .zip, with rom's file manager?

edit: and your not helping, your self by starting a new thread, with every new problem.
It takes longer to notice new threads, and I get a email when someone posts in a thread, that i'm subscribed to.

Sent from my XT862 using Droid X Forums

joedajoester
04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I am still on stock because clockworkmod cant find the zip in clockworkmod recovery.
My phone can see the sdcard.
I see the rom zip file there with a rom manager icon, so it would say romname.zip
Sorry about the second thread
EDIT* Now in clockworkmod recovery, it sees the zip

joedajoester
04-06-2013, 05:57 PM
The rom flashed successfully and everything went well, thank you for all your help with everything :)

joedajoester
04-06-2013, 06:16 PM
This forum is very helpful, i would recommend it to a friend with a droid x!

fezrock
04-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Please do :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2