PDA

View Full Version : help!

hughezboy
03-26-2013, 11:09 PM
hey man can anyone help me out. im trying to root my droid x. and idk how. or what to do. and i want to also put the jellybean on it.
system version is 4.5.604.mb809.acg-telos.en.us
model number milestone x
android version 2.3.5.

Nemo aeternamn
03-26-2013, 11:23 PM
move to milestone x to keep from confusion...

to root the 604... you can use the zurgrush method there's a few one click's that will work
here's a guide to help

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-approved-guides/41454-guide-how-root-your-phone-zergrush.html

as far as jelly bean... there hasn't been a jelly bean rom for the droid x... there's a few ice cream sandwich roms though

hughezboy
03-26-2013, 11:34 PM
well thanks man!!!!
do you know how to get rom on the phone. like im not used to this?

hughezboy
03-26-2013, 11:38 PM
it does not work?

GoCliffGo05
03-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Try this http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

The link at the bottom is .604. MAKE SURE to use the .604 one. This file is larger and you will only need the root option, don't worry about the SBF. But this way it wont require drivers or anything.

There are instructions in the thread, but basically, once you download the file, you burn the .iso to a disk and boot your computer from the disk. You then follow the on screen instructions, only select the root option for your needs.

hughezboy
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
thats how i got my phone to milestone.

hughezboy
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
how will i know that it rooted my phone?

GoCliffGo05
03-27-2013, 11:20 AM
So your phone is normally on verizon? Ok, well for future reference there is a direct root method for .621. But for now just use the .604 linux iso and do the root option. After its done going through everything you will have superuser present as a new app. Also if you wanna make sure it worked just download "root checker" from the play store and run it... After you are rooted take a look here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/44928-roms-multi-rom-thread-blur-based-roms-those-621-604-a.html for how to get your phone back to a true x.

DirtyDroid
03-27-2013, 11:20 AM
you will know if it goes through, and then you have a superuser icon in your app drawer

-bahh ninjad'

hughezboy
03-27-2013, 01:13 PM
well thanks boys. my phone is officially rooted.
now i got a new problem i got no idea how to get a new rom on here. or what are good roms. any ideas or help?

hughezboy
03-27-2013, 01:15 PM
i want to put on my phone ics. make it faster and like be able to custom it more

DirtyDroid
03-27-2013, 05:00 PM
I would start reading here first
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20253
All-In-One POST ROOT Thread

Tappin' on the SIII

hughezboy
03-27-2013, 09:12 PM
okay i read that.
i still want to put a different rom on my phone. and also make it faster so clock it i guess it was called.
how do i do that?

DirtyDroid
03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Ok so...for the rom, your going to want to download the Rom and the Gapps, verify them with either a md5 checker or astro file manager can as well. Place them on your sd card. If you are using an app like titanium backup, backup all your apps and app data only. you will wipe your system. Then boot into recovery, make a nandroid if you haven't made on yet, that way in case anything has happened, you can go back. Now with the rom and gapps on your sd card, boot in recovery, and follow the directions of the OP from the rom that you want to install..Usually a format system/ format data/cache wipe dalvik cache, install rom, install gapps, reboot, and profit. Sorry not extremely detailed, atm, post up if you got more questions.

clothednblack
03-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Just a detailed description to help out

What You'll Need

-Root Access
-Know your System Version (Settings>About Phone)
-Titanium Backup (A pro Key isn't needed but I recommend one)
-Bookmark Backup
-Droid 2 Bootstrap
-3Gigs free space on your SD card (estimate).
-A Rom of your Choice:

--Liberty is a great rom. Especially for someone who is new to this whole process, as you can put whatever Blur you want back in!
--MIUI is an excellent rom. It offers SUPERB customization, a beautiful interface, and awesome themes!
--CyanogenMod is another excellent choice. It offers superb customization on top of an AOSP experience.
--Any other Rom that is running on your System Version (Settings>About Phone).

Before We Flash

- Root your phone using the above link as a guide. (It's as simple as downloading a small program on your computer and plugging your phone in.)

- Install all of the applications Above. If you previously purchased Droid X Bootstrap, you may install This instead. It was compiled using the Droid 2 Bootstrap Source and will work perfectly.

- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery using Droid 2 Bootstrap. Press: "Bootstrap Recovery" (if a SuperUser permission request pops up, accept it) and then "Reboot Recovery."

- Navigate to the "Backup and Restore" option with your volume keys and select it with the camera button. Select Backup. Let the process run.

- Once the Backup is complete, Navigate to the Reboot option.

- Open "Contacts" on your phone. Press the "Options" hard-key and find the "Import/Export" option. Export your contacts to your SD card.

- Open "Titanium Backup" and press the "Options" hard-key. Then press "Batch." Run the "Backup all User Apps" tool and wait for the process to complete.

- Open "Backup Bookmarks" and backup your browser bookmarks.

Installing Your Rom

- Make Sure the Rom you want to install is using the same System Version as the one you're currently on. The Cyanogen "Official" Builds are actually still on froyo while the newest versions are on 4.5.605 or 4.5.602 (either work).

- Put the Rom's .zip on your SD card.

- Use Droid 2 Bootstrap to reboot into recovery again. (Bootstrap Recovery > Reboot Recovery)

- Do a factory reset from within this menu.

- Navigate to "Install zip from SDcard" and select your Rom. Say "yes" to the install and wait for the process to complete.

- Reboot. Congratulations! Your phone should now boot up into the new Rom!

SG3 Inverted Slim

hughezboy
03-28-2013, 12:39 AM
one quick question what happens when i dont back up with titanium

hughezboy
03-28-2013, 12:43 AM
also where can i find roms. that work with 2.3.5 that are for a droid x?

clothednblack
03-28-2013, 01:01 AM
You will start all over, no saves from apps like games.
Search in dx development for Rom's based on gingerbread

SG3 Inverted Slim

hughezboy
03-28-2013, 01:10 AM
okay thanks!

hughezboy
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
how do i put the .zip on my sd card?

hughezboy
03-28-2013, 01:35 AM
how do i put rom on sd card

GoCliffGo05
03-28-2013, 03:11 AM
... Download the zip file to your computer. Plug your phone in, navigate to my computer - SD card (mot f or mot g I don't remember. Look at the storage size.) Double click to open the appropriate one. Drag and drop.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

hughezboy
03-28-2013, 12:30 PM
what should my phone been in?
and i do not see this folder.

GoCliffGo05
03-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Mass storage mode.

Do you have drivers installed.... What happens when you plug the phone into the computer?

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

hughezboy
03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
when i plug it in a a folder with all my phones pop up. is the exact folder it should go in?
also my version on my phone is 2.3.5. and i want to put ics on. but idk where to look or anything

DroidXFanatic
03-29-2013, 11:12 AM
To get to USB mass storage mode you do it from your phone when its plugged into your PC. Go to the notification bar area at the top of your screen and change it there. If your PC isn't recognizing your phone the drivers aren't installed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note2 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

DroidXFanatic
03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Have you searched the forum for ICS roms yet? Start by going to search forum by category then Ice Cream Sandwich....

Sent from my Galaxy Note2 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

hughezboy
03-29-2013, 11:17 AM
ya i can do that.
okay so on my phone the
system version is 4.5.604
model milestone x
android version 2.3.5
would this rom work for my phone?

[ROM] 2.3.5 KK4 - Legend 6 - JellyBean Edition - The Collective | Android - JellyBean - Ice Cream Sandwich Forums (http://www.icsforums.com/forum/showthread/7548)

Nemo aeternamn
03-29-2013, 11:28 AM
No.... If you look at the page is listed for the Samsung capacitive...

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

DirtyDroid
03-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Try here for some
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44928

Or here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/ice-cream-sandwich-development-hacking/

Or some miui goodness here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46049
MIUI DefX by Wizard0f0s
Tappin' on the SIII

hughezboy
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
okay so i found a rom. how do i get it on to sd card?

also the post said something about gapps????? whats that?

DirtyDroid
03-29-2013, 01:47 PM
You can either download right from the phone by clicking the download link...or on computer then use the USB cable...attach it to phone and drag and drop...and g apps are Google apps

Tappin' on the SIII

hughezboy
03-30-2013, 12:44 AM
okay. well i thought i found a rom. but when i wiped everything after i backed everything up. and tried to instal rom. it said something like error cant open file. any ideas?

well i guess i just seen the liberty rom doesnt say what base u need. but the others say u need .605.
i got .604

DirtyDroid
03-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Which liberty and where did you try to download it from? It needs to be from the first link of blur based roms I posted ...and are you usind d2 bootstrap?

Tappin' on the SIII

hughezboy
03-30-2013, 12:13 PM
yes im using d2 bootstrap.
and this liberty
[Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday! - Liberty Team - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10655-rom-liberty3-v20-for-the-droid-x-1128-sunday-bloody-sunday/)

hughezboy
03-30-2013, 12:29 PM
well i just said srew liberty and installed the apex root and it worked..... so ya