PDA

View Full Version : No picture MMS on flashed droid X2

Septaric
03-10-2013, 12:21 PM
My Droid is from Verizon. I bought it flashed for Cricket. Everything works except sending MMS pictures. I took it to the Cricket office and they re-flashed it but that didn't work so they added a free app call "Universal CKT mms". The app works for MMS pictures but that's all it does. So I have two texting programs running. One for text and the other for pictures. Last night I took the phone from Eclipse 2.3.5 to 2.3.4 and it didn't help I then loaded CyanogenMod 10 but that didn't help plus I had an issue with the SD card not being read on CyanogenMod10. So I'm back on Eclipse 2.3.5. How can I get my pictures and texting on one MMS program? SMS will work but everyone I know doesn't have internet access on there phones so that is out. Anyone know what to do?

BHuber09
03-10-2013, 12:29 PM
This is always a problem whenever a phone is flashed to a different carrier.

You can download handcent from the play store and it should work for both SMS and MMS.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

clothednblack
03-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Just to add to what B said... If you use a third party app, make sure you change the settings in stock (to not notify) or you will get the double notice of a incoming text.

Septaric
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Just tried it but it didn't work. Thanks anyway.

clothednblack
03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Try gosms, handcent sometimes doesn't work with certain Rom's

Septaric
03-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I've used gosms for a while now but it won't work with MMS on this phone.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
03-10-2013, 10:14 PM
You can try what's posted in these threads. If it doesn't work it's probably something wrong in the Mms.apk. I remember MMS wouldn't work for me on my droidx when MIUI was first made for it.
http://www.cricketusers.com/showthread.php?t=5373
http://www.cricketusers.com/showthread.php?t=30517

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."