PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm Rooted 2.3.4 /.621...Can't load any ROMS..getting frustrated....Please Help

Jayman931
03-07-2013, 01:37 PM
After researching quite sometime I dove into Rooting. I have successfully Rooted my DX without to many problems. I have read and read about ROMS and how-toos to no avail. Here is what I have bought/downloaded so far....I was trying to get Cyanomod9 but I think you can't have it with .621

Titanum Backup Pro
Droidx Bootstrapper
GooManager (says Cm and MIUI are compatible but it fails to load from my SD card during Reboot)
Root Explorer

Any suggestions on Stable Roms that work with .621

Thanks ahead of time.

J

GoCliffGo05
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Get rid of droid x bootstrapper and goo. You need D2 bootstrap.

[Edited out

Scroll down there and you will also see blur based ROMs with everything compatible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
03-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Can someone post the blur based ROMs for 621 link please... Every time I try and link it it gives me a john droid glitch.......

Hang on OP

Jayman931
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a DroidX...D2 Recovery Bootstrap says is from Droid 2 only. Am I missing something? I thought Droid X Bootstrapper was for the DroidX. Sorry if its a dumb question but I obviously I am pretty green....

GoCliffGo05
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Droidx bootsrapper worked better on the older android versions. D2 was very similar to the X and works much better.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=556596

There is the link. In the second post you will see a link for blur based roms for 621. You can also use any 2nd init ROM like CM9 or whatever you want.

Nemo aeternamn
03-07-2013, 02:24 PM
DROID 2 bootstrap works better...
Buy you can use the one for the X.. You just have to disable usb debugging then it'll work

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

Jayman931
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
So I decided to just download D2 Bootstrapper. I don't mind paying devs even though I just bought DX Bootstrapper. Anyways...The reason I had GooManager is because it would search for compatible ROMS (which I couldn't get to load properly)....Now that I have D2Bootstrapper do I put the ROM I want on my SD and then use D2Bootstrapper to reboot and load it from my SD card?

Nemo aeternamn
03-07-2013, 03:05 PM
So I decided to just download D2 Bootstrapper. I don't mind paying devs even though I just bought DX Bootstrapper. Anyways...The reason I had GooManager is because it would search for compatible ROMS (which I couldn't get to load properly)....Now that I have D2Bootstrapper do I put the ROM I want on my SD and then use D2Bootstrapper to reboot and load it from my SD card?

There isn't much on goo for the X...
And yes.. Put the file on sd.. And follow the instructions in the original post of that rom for flashing... And keep in mind blur based roms require a patch to work on 621.. Like liberty... But 2nd init roms will run.. Like cm9

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

Jayman931
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
I put CM7 stable on my SD Card and used D2 Bootstrapper. Made a backup and then rebooted using the cm7 zip from my SD card. It was aborted. It said it was bad. Is there compatibility issues or am I missing something. I have superuser permissions and I did a root check and I am rooted. I'm sure there is something easy I am missing.....:omg:

Jayman931
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Ok...Kernel Problem...how to solve?

assert failed: run_program 9"/tmp/check_kernel")
==0
E:Error in /sdcard/cm7/cm-7.2.0-shadow.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

jeems
03-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Do you have a link to where you got the file? Some of the CM7s are actually based on froyo kernel even though they are running GB and won't work on .621 (I know this sounds weird but that's how it was for a while). That would explain this issue. Some good roms are wizard's miui, liberty, vortex, and vortex liberated that run all run GB. IF you are ok with an ICS rom (not everything works necessarily) there is liquidICS, AOKP, gummy. There are others as well.

Nemo aeternamn
03-07-2013, 05:21 PM
what ^^^^ he said... that one is made for the older froyo kernel.... that's why it errors on checking the kernel...

Jayman931
03-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah...I tried to find the CM7 for GB but couldn't find it....soooo...I decided to go with MIUI....

I have that downloaded and working but I do I don't have my Rooted apps to include D2Bootlegger, Titanium BackUp Pro, Root Explorer...

I figured out how to DL the GAPPS.zip

Do I just go into Playstore and redownload?

newmanx4
03-07-2013, 09:40 PM
If you want CM7 you need to download Pooka's CM7 over at Rootzwiki.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jeems
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah...I tried to find the CM7 for GB but couldn't find it....soooo...I decided to go with MIUI....

I have that downloaded and working but I do I don't have my Rooted apps to include D2Bootlegger, Titanium BackUp Pro, Root Explorer...

Which miui did you download? Wizard's has gapps included. If you have play store you have gapps.

Did you back up your apps with titanium? You can restore apps with data if you used titanium. Otherwise you'll have to go to play store to download.

One more thing, after flashing a rom don't install d2 bootstrapper. You only use that in Stock. Use the rom's power menu to reboot to recovery.

from the gnex

sd_shadow
03-08-2013, 12:41 AM

there is a cm7 here [ROM] CM7-GBKernel .621 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2091660)

Goose306
03-08-2013, 06:24 AM
there is a cm7 here [ROM] CM7-GBKernel .621 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2091660)

I would recommend Pooka's CM7 @ Rootzwiki personally that build looks like it has some big bugs. Pooka's works fine on 621 and is stable as all get-out, that is what I left my DX running 621 on when I passed it to my sister.

Sent from my 4.2.2 jelly-beaned SCH-I535

Jayman931
03-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all the support guys. With your help I have a new ROM (went with MIUI) and most of my apps back. I didn't realise that Titanium Backup would bring back my apps on the new ROM. For some reason I was thinking it would restore the old ROM and all the apps. It makes sense now that I think about it. I have them backed up with Titanium Back up but I have manually downloaded most of them back so I don't think there is an advantage of restoring using TiB.

Thanks again.

PS- If anyone has used CM7 and MIUI, I would be interested in hearing comments on pros and cons of both. So far I like MIUI alot even found a nice theme. I think I caught the bug.

sd_shadow
03-08-2013, 01:13 PM
titanium can restore the apps data, settings passwords....
you backup your rom in cwm

Sent from my XT862 using Droid X Forums

newmanx4
03-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I never used MIUI because it looks too much like an iPhone. Call me stubborn.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Jayman931
03-08-2013, 08:12 PM
I have never used an iPhone so that doesn't matter to me. I looked through alot of themes and settled on a Black theme....clean....fast. I like it. Tried to DL screenshots but it said it had the wrong file extension.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums