PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Droid DNA?

Wrapped
03-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Guess the title says it all. My droid x is finally starting to die. Got a big spot on the screen and the buttons aren't very responsive anymore. Thinking I might get the DNA. I can get it for $99 right now and the people who has it seem to really like it. Any keepers here?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid X Forums

Miller6386
03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
S3 is my vote......

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

GoCliffGo05
03-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Or just wait a a couple weeks and the S4 will be announced and you can decide if its worth waiting for. ;)

BHuber09
03-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Or just wait a a couple weeks and the S4 will be announced and you can decide if its worth waiting for. ;)

Which it will be.. Haha

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

Wrapped
03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
I have never gotten a brand new phone. Got the droid x after it had been out for a while. I'm cheap and $200+ for a phone is too steep. So I don't care much about what's coming out in a few months. And if I kept waiting for the latest and greatest, I'd never get another phone. I can get the DNA or the SG3 for $99. I keep going back to the DNA though. It just got s-off solved, so maybe development will increase. Dev following for the the DNA is my only reason for hesitating going with it. It just seems like a better phone. People who haven't used the DNA says battery is poor, but actual users says that's bull.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

gbrinn
03-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Note2.

Sent from my Note2...

jeems
03-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Do you have your unlimited still? I got a used gnex to keep my unlimited. They are in the 150-200 range and no need to sign a contract in case you want to jump ship from big red.

Wrapped
03-07-2013, 03:25 PM
No unlimited. Between my wife and myself, we never used enough data to really benefit from keeping unlimited. I actually swapped to the shared plan and cut 30 bucks off my bill. We usually stay between 1-1,5 gigs every month.
The note 2 is way too big. The DNA is big, but not that big.
But I guess no one here has a DNA then?

fezrock
03-07-2013, 08:32 PM
I have 3 coworkers now that have one. It's a slick device for sure! TBH tho, if you want to hack the SGS3 is the way to go. DNA will get some love, but I don't see it having major support. Maybe on the SGS2 level, which is lacking. And those poor chaps need a computer to flash roms from the info I've gotten from another coworker. (granted he's a somewhat lame***, but still)

Whatever feels best in your hand is what you want. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jeems
03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm amazed you have coworkers who know about rooting. I know few people who do and they are severely misinformed about it.

from the gnex

BHuber09
03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm amazed you have coworkers who know about rooting. I know few people who do and they are severely misinformed about it.

from the gnex

I have never met a person who knows what any of this is..
Of course my location probably doesn't help but still, I'm surprised you guys know people who know rooting.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

Wrapped
03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Well, I got the DNA. Had to order it since no one besides Verizon had it in stock. For a hundred bucks less, I'll wait a day or two though. I took a chance with it since I do like to tinker with my phone. But I got a feeling development will pick up. It just got s-off, it can be fully unlocked, and got a somewhat functioning cm10 build now. We'll see.
It just feels better in the hand compared to the S3. And that display I just the crispest thing ever.

gbrinn
03-07-2013, 09:50 PM
The note 2 is way too big. The DNA is big, but not that big.
Blasphemy!!!

fezrock
03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, I got the DNA. Had to order it since no one besides Verizon had it in stock. For a hundred bucks less, I'll wait a day or two though. I took a chance with it since I do like to tinker with my phone. But I got a feeling development will pick up. It just got s-off, it can be fully unlocked, and got a somewhat functioning cm10 build now. We'll see.
It just feels better in the hand compared to the S3. And that display I just the crispest thing ever.

Congrats! :beer: Let us know your impressions of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Wrapped
03-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Well, finally received it. Unfortunately it shipped with the latest upgrade, so I'm stuck with no root for now which is a little annoying. But so far I love it. Can't get over that display...

Wrapped
03-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Even without root, it's stellar so far. The boat is highly annoying, but oh well. Don't understand the gripe over battery life. I've been testing the camera A LOT today and I'm at 9 1/2 hours and at 75%.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Droid X Forums

popcenator
03-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Nice, the DNA is about the right size for me.

on the TP..

Wrapped
03-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Made it two days on my first full charge. Besides not having root on the latest upgrade, I love this phone so far.

DirtyDroid
03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
nice, glad to see you are enjoying it...not sure I know of anyone around me that has one that I can use, without having to go to Verizon to try one lo

jeems
03-15-2013, 09:37 AM
haha, whatcha taking pictures of?

Wrapped
03-15-2013, 11:08 AM
haha, whatcha taking pictures of?

Just testing it out in different conditions. Most of them has been of my kid.

AndroidTitan
06-01-2013, 08:33 AM
I had used my brothers for a day to try it out and do a system dump but man that phone has damn good audio I have the HTC one V but the beats Audio is not as good as it is on that phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2