PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy note II VZW OR T-MOBILE

Ghost
03-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I have the old unlimited data plan , my contract ended in December so i just pay my $107.98 a month while i decide which carrier. I don't have $600 to pay for a noncontract galaxy note II phone which i really want. Its a huge tosser because i can get a vzw note II for $199 with new contract but have to get the terrible new data plan Verizon offers ( also it was costing me 134$ a minth for unlimited data minutes etc with verizon i dropped my minutes to 400 which is barley enough) ,which btw its still expencive, or buy t mobile note II for $299 and have unlimited everything for $84 a month.

Looks like Verizon is going to loose a customer unless they can roll my unlimited data to a new contract while still paying the cheap price with a new contract ?

Sounds like im better off with T-Mobiles unlimited everything and paying a little more for the phone than getting ripped off by Verizon.

Hope this makes sense.

Sent from Outerspace, on my DarkSide of X.

DirtyDroid
03-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately there is nothing they can do to roll it over, it either has to be purchased outright, or lose the unlimited, or add a line, get the phone, swap the phone over to your unlimited line, and possibly but a dumb phone on that line.../shrug

gbrinn
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Ghost, why are you paying so much? What do you have going on with that line? My wife and I together pay 150...

Sent from my Note2...

DirtyDroid
03-04-2013, 10:22 PM
i used to pay that each month when it was just myself on a line, give or take was about a hundred and change after taxes ....30 less now

Ghost
03-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Ghost, why are you paying so much? What do you have going on with that line? My wife and I together pay 150...

Sent from my Note2...

Just unlimited everything( text,minutes,data) that's what the cost was until I dropped my minutes to 400 than the price went to $107
Now its still $107 till I decide what to do. As for now T-Mobile has the best deals on a plan.

Sent from my Xoom using Droid X Forums

Miller6386
03-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Look at the details on the data for the T mobile. But VZW is getting out of control and I would do all I could to not sign with them again.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World

Ghost
03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Look at the details on the data for the T mobile. But VZW is getting out of control and I would do all I could to not sign with them again.

I know there " unlimited" data plan starts to cap "slows down" after a certain value but, the price out weighs Verizon.
Its a no win situation, what can you do?

Sent from my Xoom using Droid X Forums

Miller6386
03-05-2013, 01:29 AM
How much data do you use?

Ghost
03-05-2013, 01:32 AM
How much data do you use?

4gb and under.

smalltowngirl13
03-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Is Sprint an option in your area? They still have unlimited data / texting and you select the number of "talk" minutes...if they have strong service where you are, I would look at them as a possible choice...When I got my first Note 2, I spent a month on Sprint (they released 1 month before VZW) - I wish their service would have been better in my area, I would have probably switched from VZW...

jeems
03-05-2013, 08:59 AM
If t-mobile has good service in your area there is no reason to stick with Verizon. You'll have the extra 100 for the phone paid off in a few months.

csk415
03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Better jump ship and get the unlimited from another carrier while you can. Probably wont be there later. Check with T-Mobile and see if they have a 30 day trial period (I think they do) and just try it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ghost
03-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Better jump ship and get the unlimited from another carrier while you can. Probably wont be there later. Check with T-Mobile and see if they have a 30 day trial period (I think they do) and just try it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Do you know if t-mobile will transfer my contacts to the new phone ? I use Verizons contact sync. For S&G's ill give Google a shot with contact sync.