PDA

View Full Version : How to make Stock X2 launcher smooth

austinslater
03-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Hey guys..ever since the gingerbread update my stock launcher has been kind of laggy. Sometimes it's just plain unacceptable. I liked it better on froyo but I can't factory reset or revert to froyo or anything because I'm flashed. Seems the only thing that has improved is the battery life. Also..will the X2 be getting ICS?? Thanks in advance.

GoCliffGo05
03-03-2013, 08:55 PM
X2 will not be getting ICS. It is dead as far as Moto/Verizon are concerned. Its received its last update.

A couple things to try here. 1. Turn the phone off. Hold volume down and then hold power. Release when "fastboot" appears at the top of the screen. Press volume down 7 times until it says "android recovery." Press volume up once. At the next ! Screen press volume up and volume down once at the same time. You are now in stock recovery. Scroll with volume to "wipe cache partition" and press power to execute. Then reboot.

Or 2.) Download another launcher from Google play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

austinslater
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
X2 will not be getting ICS. It is dead as far as Moto/Verizon are concerned. Its received its last update.

A couple things to try here. 1. Turn the phone off. Hold volume down and then hold power. Release when "fastboot" appears at the top of the screen. Press volume down 7 times until it says "android recovery." Press volume up once. At the next ! Screen press volume up and volume down once at the same time. You are now in stock recovery. Scroll with volume to "wipe cache partition" and press power to execute. Then reboot.

Or 2.) Download another launcher from Google play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2 Thanks for the reply. Do you know if doing the first option could mess with my phone being flashed to a different carrier?

NUNsLAUGHTER92
03-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if doing the first option could mess with my phone being flashed to a different carrier?

It won't mess it up. Just don't downgrade radios and you'll be good.
Edit: And you can factory reset. The only thing it could mess up is MMS. You'd need to put the correct APNs on if you wipe data.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

austinslater
03-03-2013, 10:00 PM
It won't mess it up. Just don't downgrade radios and you'll be good.
Edit: And you can factory reset. The only thing it could mess up is MMS. You'd need to put the correct APNs on if you wipe data.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy." I did this and it is faster..but now none of my live wallpapers will work. They just keep force closing. Any idea what's going on??

austinslater
03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Nevermind! They started working again. Thanks for all your help!