PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Rooting Milestone X (Alltell Droid X) 2.3.5/4.5.604

pringle117
02-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Hey guys,

Definitely new to jailbreaking and rooting game. I've wathced idk how many videos and read idk how many guides to try to help me root this phone but i cant find any that really show me what to do. My phone is on 2.3.5/4.5.604. I've downloaded z4root and placed it on my sd card and attempted to root my phone that way but with further investigation i found out that that is only applicable to the update 2.3.4. This phone is 2 years old, it's not activated. I only use it on wifi. I play a game that requires you to register your device upon putting in a referall code and I need to be able to download an app that I can spoof my mac address so i can register my device over and over. the only apps that will be on this phonethat i will use will be the game I play and the app that allows me to generate a false mac address so the game thinks my phone is a different device so i can keep registering it. I dont have any type of pictures or apps or anything of importance that matters if it gets lost somehow. I purchased a new sd card just for this operation there isnt anything on there that is of importance if it gets erased. i just need a simple process to root my phone and an app that can fake out the games emulator by changing my mac address.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

GoCliffGo05
02-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Download the .604 ezsbf for the x in my signature. It has instructions in the thread and a built in root function.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2