PDA

View Full Version : Ringtone Creation Advice?

AgnosticAnarch
08-27-2010, 11:30 AM
For my previous phones, I've used Audacity to trim down and degrade MP3s to make my own ringtones. I would save three or four different qualities of the first few ringtones to see if I could tell the difference and save the rest of my ringtones to that quality. I would make a folder of ringtones in a high quality and use Audacity's batch processing to push them all out in the desired quality.

So my question to you ringtone lovers out there: Has anyone figured out the prime bit rate for the Droid X? Also, I'll be trying out a few, so I'll probably report back here with my findings unless someone has already done this.

Might there be a reason for leaving ringtones in stereo? With my previous phones, I always took ringtones down to mono to save space. Now, space isn't really as much of an issue, but also I wonder if there are apps that might push ringtones out to headphones or bluetooth devices where ringtones might be better in stereo.

Any experiences with these situations?
~AA

syrinx2012
09-09-2010, 11:26 PM
I think you are waaayy too deep into the ringtones, dude. They're just ringtones.

eXile
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I used to use Audacity to make my own ringtones too... You can use Ringdroid to create a ringtone right on your phone. Any music you have saved to your phone can be edited with this app.

smalltowngirl13
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
+1 for Ringdroid but there was this thread in making ringtones too...

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-audio-video/2260-making-your-own-ringtones.html