PDA

View Full Version : Gained root. Now what?

live4godsarmy
01-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi all!
Newbie here and I just gained root. What should I do next?
A few things I'd like to see/do:
• Faster processing speeds and stable.
• Remove apps that came installed without compromising stability.
• Flash the device.

I'd like to do what is mentioned above at no cost and contribute to builders as I see fit. Can anyone please help me out with some suggestions on where to start.

Device: Droid X
Android Version: 2.3.4
System Version: 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Miller6386
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
If you hold the phone in your left hand and press 449056633110 then hold the phone upside down it will allow you to control the Mars Rover........

I apologize if this post came off as rude or "trolling" I meant it in 100% joking terms. If I offended anyone or hurt anyone's feelings I apologize. I was just going for a chuckle....

I am not familiar with ROMS for your device but I agree one of the best apps you can get is Titanium Backup. It will allow you to back up all the statistics and saved games and take them with you from ROM to ROM... It also allows you to "freeze" apps (although this does require the paid version.) which allows you to hide them and stop them from running. That is safer than just deleting apps as it will give you the chance to verify if it will have ill effects if deleted....

If you have any questions on what apps are save to delete just ask here I am sure anyone will be more than happy to assist if it is safe to remove....

As far as ROM's go search the net for your device and see what different ROMS have to offer and compare it to your style or what you think you are looking for....

BHuber09
01-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi all!
Newbie here and I just gained root. What should I do next?
A few things I'd like to see/do:
• Faster processing speeds and stable.
• Remove apps that came installed without compromising stability.
• Flash the device.

I'd like to do what is mentioned above at no cost and contribute to builders as I see fit. Can anyone please help me out with some suggestions on where to start.

Device: Droid X
Android Version: 2.3.4
System Version: 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Well without paying the only thing i see happening is downloading the free titanium backup app to uninstall apps (without a way to get them back if you mess up) other than that you will have to pay for an overclocking app, or the d2 bootstrapper that way you can flash roms

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

live4godsarmy
01-14-2013, 01:23 AM
Miller6386, Not offended at all. Actually still smiling. Thank you! Was just looking to see if there were any important or recommended things to do once rooted, but I know there's a ton of literature on the subject so I'll just have to do my homework. BHuber09, Thank you for your response as well! I've downloaded Titanium Backup and will play around with this before moving on to paid apps. The D2 Bootstrapper seems to be a must have app and will be downloading shortly. Anyone recommend a good over locking app. Also, anyone want to comment on what pre installed apps they've deleted from their Verizon Droid X? Thanks again!

Jolo
01-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Ok just want to let you know.... Do not switch to a different ROM UNTIL u have titanium backup to backup your apps and data or else you will regret it.

clothednblack
01-14-2013, 02:10 AM
You could flash a debloated rom, which is like stock but all the junk is already removed for you

Ridin the Mystic inverted jellybean unicorn on my Ktweaked SG3

Goose306
01-14-2013, 07:45 AM
You could flash a debloated rom, which is like stock but all the junk is already removed for you

Ridin the Mystic inverted jellybean unicorn on my Ktweaked SG3

I would recommend this as a good starting ground. There is a 621stock debloated ROM on Rootzwiki or there is a few blur-based ROMs that would also work if you follow the link in my sig. Backup your user apps+data using Titanium and sync contacts to Google and flash away. As far as OCing I always personally enjoyed Wizard0f0's bootmenu so you could natively set speeds, otherwise there is a few apps that do it natively such as Quick clock I believe (its been almost a year since I used one due to the bootmenu but I believe that is what its called.) The bootmenu is free it just needs to be flashed in recovery after the ROM.zip

Tapped from my 4.2 jelly-beaned d2vzw using tapatalk HD