PDA

View Full Version : [Motorola Droid XPRT MB612 Boost Mobile] GingerBread 2.3.5; RSD Lite + SBF=ERROR

LiquidGatsu
01-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Hello, I hope I put this topic in the correct forum, all I could see was a bunch of forums for Droid X.

Let me explain my problem:

I have a Motorola Droid Pro/XPRT CDMA/GSM running on GingerBread 2.3.5 on the Boost Mobile/Sprint network. I was doing a hack for unlimited 3g/4g that essentially bypasses throttling. This phone has always run on 3g however I read elsewhere it is 4g compatible some how? As well as 3g/2g/GPRS/Edge/GSM and it can even work on T-Mobile, ATT, etc?

Anyway here's the problem, my phone is bricked, I can't get RSD Lite to even flash the stock system binary file SBF.

I am running Windows 8 Enterprise RTM
I have downloaded and installed the latest Motorola USB Drivers
I have RSD Lite version 5.3.1 installed
I have the Boost Mobile SBF File: 1FF-p3_kronos_cdma_kronos-user-2.3.5-4.5.1-KNS-29-BST-15-18-release-keys-signed-Boost-US

I powered off the phone and held down both the Camera/Calendar button on the right side of the phone + the volume up button on the left side of the phone and held down the power button and put the phone into the flash mode.

When I plug the phone into my laptop USB slot I get a popup of drivers being installed and it says "Installing Drivers For: MB6600"

RSD Lite detects my phone and displays in the upper left panel the specifications of my phone. I locate the system binary file entitled: 1FF-p3_kronos_cdma_kronos-user-2.3.5-4.5.1-KNS-29-BST-15-18-release-keys-signed-Boost-US.sbf and the upper right panel displays the specifications of the system binary file being this:

Filename: 1FF-p3_kronos_cdma_kronos-user-2.3.5-4.5.1-KNS-29-BST-15-18-release-keys-signed-Boost-US.sbf
Creation Date: 08/29/2012 06:44:06
File size: 617891488
RAM DL Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: N / A
Platform: 4G OMAP
HAB Type: Signed Production

I click start and a percentage progress bar starts on USB1.. when the percentage progress bar gets to 100% the action quits and says FAIL and displays this error message: "phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file"

Exactly *WHAT* am I doing wrong here? I'm pulling my hair out over this and I really need this done. The phone is rooted and running 2.3.5 I had read previously that the sprint users of this phone had to remove root before flashing, but that's stupid and doesn't make any sense. Also I have no idea how to remove root from this phone if that's what is necessary to fix this. On top of that it's bricked and I can't even boot the phone.

I've tried every possibly combination of methods suggested. I have run the command from an elevated command prompt running administrator and still it fails.. :$

Please help me. I can't seem to figure this out. I have googled every possible resource and none of the methods work.

I read somewhere else that you need a specific version of RSD lite + a patched OMAP and RSD ini file or something? They never went into the details of getting that stuff though :(

Nemo aeternamn
01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Moved to off topic

as this is more of a forum for the motorola droid x/milestone x... the only thing i can think of to try is that your using a good quality usb cable... preferable the stock moto cable... that can cause some head ache... or maybe give this thread a read threw and try downloading a new sbf... could be a bad download... and verify the md5 of the file

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

BHuber09
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
If its not the cable.

Then my guess would be windows 8.. RSD lite might not be optimized for the huge changes that came in it, yet.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices