PDA

View Full Version : Phone calendar data-how to transfer

voltjerk
12-24-2012, 06:51 AM
I have a rooted Droid X that I need to get the data off the phone calendar to copy to a new phone. There seems to be no method to save the phone data to a .csv file on the phone calendar app itself. I need to get the data synced to the google calendar. Any ideas on a possible method to acquire the data?

Lane W
01-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Hate to ask or say something stupid but here it is: Can't you just sync the data? I've used Google Calendar to import & export data to & from the "Business Calendar Free" App.

I don't remember the steps but I think there's a simple Sync setting somewhere. Choose Sync to Google Calendar (from phone/device) and when you are ready, choose Sync from Google Calendar to phone or device. Once you've synched to device or phone you will have to reboot the phone or device & all the data should be copied.

Hope this helps....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forum

voltjerk
01-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Hate to ask or say something stupid but here it is: Can't you just sync the data? I've used Google Calendar to import & export data to & from the "Business Calendar Free" App.

I don't remember the steps but I think there's a simple Sync setting somewhere. Choose Sync to Google Calendar (from phone/device) and when you are ready, choose Sync from Google Calendar to phone or device. Once you've synched to device or phone you will have to reboot the phone or device & all the data should be copied.

Hope this helps...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

There seems to be no way to import to Google Calendar from the phone calendar. Google calendar wants to import a .csv file, or iCal file, etc. The phone calendar does not give any options to export or save to any other calendar, file, etc, at least none that I can find. I checked your suggestion and can not find a way to make it work. Thanks for the idea.

newmanx4
01-01-2013, 12:32 PM
The phone calendar should automatically be backed up to Google. Log in to Gmail on a PC and look under the calendar tab. All events should be there.

Sent from my Black Iced X

Lane W
01-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Newman makes a valid point. If you have a device with Android you were required to create a Google/Gmail account. Try what he suggested. From within your Google/Gmail account you should be able to find (on the PC) a way to import & export data. Import from phone and then export once you have a new device.