PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendation for DX battery replacement + ext. charger

octet
12-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Instead of buying and crossing my fingers through ebay and amazon, I would ask DXforums if there is someone in mind that would be best to purchase from?
I need a replacement OEM BH5X battery(New/Refurb) + External battery charger.

jeems
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I can't recommend one, but I wouldn't worry too much about the charger. If it is the oem moto one and "new" then buying from somewhere like amazon shouldn't be a problem. I saw one for under $5. Batteries are a little more of a risk since a "new" battery could still be 2 years old and have been sitting on a shelf without getting charged. However, a quick look on amazon and you can get one for under $10. If your current one is definitely dead it's not a huge gamble to go for it. My 2 pence.

hellomoto
01-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Try this combo pack on Amazon. Just got one for my wife, she is happy that I got this complete package for her. 2 pack of battery with one external charger. Always have one ready to go since you have an external charger. $20 plus shipping. Check this link:

Amazon.com: TimeTec 2 x 1800mAh Li-ion Batteries For Motorola Atrix 4G, ME860, MB860; Fits BH6X + Free Bonus TimeTec Multi-purpose USB Travel Charger: Everything Else (http://www.amazon.com/TimeTec-1800mAh-Batteries-Motorola-Multi-purpose/dp/B00A8RZ2PI/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1359442263&sr=8-8&keywords=timetec+droid+x+battery+charger)

octet
01-29-2013, 12:59 AM
Not a bad price. Good find, and thanks for sharing the info.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Droid X Forums

murdock92188
01-29-2013, 01:25 AM
I was looking into extra/replacement batteries just this afternoon. Inside the DX back panel cover, it states "Only use Motorola BH5X battery with this door." Anyone have a clue as to why? For liability sake? Will it not close with other batteries?

Just curious before I follow the yellow-brick...I mean...the link.

Sent from my flashed .604 Milestone X using Droid X Forums

Goose306
01-29-2013, 05:47 AM
I was looking into extra/replacement batteries just this afternoon. Inside the DX back panel cover, it states "Only use Motorola BH5X battery with this door." Anyone have a clue as to why? For liability sake? Will it not close with other batteries?

It is for liability, as you say. The BH6X battery (extended) is only a couple millimeters thicker. Because of that you can sometimes force the BH5X door onto it. This causes undue pressure internally though and can cause screen damage. The two different backs for the 5X and 6X are nearly identical as they have the same design, so its to make sure people use the right door with the right battery.

Tapped from my 4.2 blacked-out d2vzw using tapatalkHD

DroidlynnXDoes
01-29-2013, 05:51 AM

The DROIDX battery door is only for the 5X battery door because the 6X (extended) battery is thicker than the stock (5X) therefore it will put a lot of pressure on the screen. It can damage your screen so that's why the door says only to use a 5X door. I recommend ordering a 6X door off eBay. You get them for a good deal on eBay. I found out by seeing the LCD screen bleed but it went back to normal after I put the stock battery into my X. But I have a RAZR HD so I only have one battery instead of 5
Hope this helps,
Droidlynn
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

DroidlynnXDoes
01-29-2013, 05:57 AM
And as for the external battery charger you can also get a good deal off eBay. That's where I got mine. I still have my mother's old DX, but I mostly play games and music on it when my RAZR is in bed for the evening or if I just want to give my RAZR a rest

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2