PDA

View Full Version : cm10 jelly bean is great,but crashes dolphin?

l3l4ck0ut
12-09-2012, 02:12 PM
hey all...I just flashed cm10 on my x2 today, and everything works great! I love it! just one thing, it crashes dolphin browser instantly. sometimes I'll be able to type something before it crashes, but usually it just disappears in seconds. regular browser works fine..any ideas guys? I couldn't find nething newhere bout this, just wit Samsungs...

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
12-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Crashing browsers is a known bug with CM10 for the X2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
12-09-2012, 02:23 PM
This is a common issue. Cm10 is a jelly bean ROM running on a GB kernel. There is nothing that can be done. Along with the browser, apps like Facebook and email will randomly crash also.

Edit: ninja'd ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

l3l4ck0ut
12-09-2012, 02:32 PM
oh ok I see. thx guys

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

Ranger0001
12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
This is a common issue. Cm10 is a jelly bean ROM running on a GB kernel. There is nothing that can be done. Along with the browser, apps like Facebook and email will randomly crash also.

Edit: ninja'd ;)

OK then, Does anyone know of any substitute apps that work without crashing? I know my LinkedIn and Facebook crash as well as Gmail and Dolphin Browser. I'll try a few differnt browsers and see if any work for my Droid X2 and report back. Is there something in the settings we could change to make these things crash less frequently?
:disappointed:

GoCliffGo05
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM
The stock web browser on the ROM is the most reliable. There are other apps for Facebook and as far as email, haven't found one that will stay open for long periods of time.

Ranger0001
12-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Funny, I haven't tried the stock browser yet. What I did find though is the QQ Browser works great. It already has quick links set up for Facebook, Google, You Tube, Yahoo mail, Twitter, ESPN, Gmail and Wikipedia. I have very limited experience with it but so far it's tailor made for the CM10 rom.