PDA

View Full Version : Can't boot (or flash) CM Recov

FrontierProject
12-09-2012, 01:20 PM
i recently updated my Gummy Rom from 1.2.0 to x13thAngelx's 1.3.0 with HWA, shortly after I tried flashing the SSK mod for 1.2.0 and when into bootloop, here are the steps I used to recover, I have preformed these steps multiple times over the last few days.
1. SBF to stock VRZ Gingerbread
2. Root
3. Bootstrap Recovery
4. Boot Recovery, Format data/cache/Dalvik, Flash Gummy 1.3.0
5. Flash Gapps 4.0.4 (i think)
6. Boot phone

Now at this point I can't get into CM Recov again, trying to do the button pressing powerup simply does a regular powerup, and when I try to flash CMRecov with ROM Manager, or Bootstrap recovery with Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap, it will successfully complete, but the phone will freeze up when I try to poweroff or reboot, and trying to boot recovery will cause it to freeze on the Motorola logo indefinitely. I did make a Nandroid prior to flashing the SSK, however restoring this from GB will not restore it, but will flash barebones Gummy, without my data, and when I try to Flash gummy and then restore I get a list of errors saying backup not found etc.

Any idea what my problem is?

Leach19m
12-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Do you have ADB set up on your computer at all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BHuber09
12-09-2012, 01:29 PM
*slowly works into this thread without begin noticed*

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

newmanx4
12-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Immediately after you bootstrap recovery open ROM Manager and choose Update Latest Clockwork. When the device list appears choose Droid X 2nd init. Then reboot recovery from there.

Sent from my Black Iced X

FrontierProject
12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Do you have ADB set up on your computer at all?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2on my old computer, wat do I need it for?

Immediately after you bootstrap recovery open ROM Manager and choose Update Latest Clockwork. When the device list appears choose Droid X 2nd init. Then reboot recovery from there.

Sent from my Black Iced XI have the latest ROM Manager, the new one, (1-2 days old) picks your CM version for you, I did flash the 2nd init., still nothing

jeems
12-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Are you just trying to restore your nandroid at this point or still trying to get 1.3 to work?

DroidX.xparent.green

FrontierProject
12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Are you just trying to restore your nandroid at this point or still trying to get 1.3 to work?

DroidX.xparent.green1.3 is working, I'm trying to restore my nandroid, (which is 1.3) if possible I'd like to find a working SlimSoftKey mod for 1.3. However my number one goal right now is to boot clockworkmod recovery, which my phone refuses to do.

Nemo aeternamn
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
this issue could be done by using bootstrap... bootstrap is a great app... you just can't use it on 2nd init roms like ics gummy.. it usually breaks the init process... i'm surprised it can actually boot up to be honest... but that could be your issue...

and if you got adb setup on your computer... you can also try "adb reboot recovery" as that has gotten me into cwm a couple times when i was bootlooping...

but i think your best bet to actually get it working... sbf and reflash...

FrontierProject
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
this issue could be done by using bootstrap... bootstrap is a great app... you just can't use it on 2nd init roms like ics gummy.. it usually breaks the init process... i'm surprised it can actually boot up to be honest... but that could be your issue...

and if you got adb setup on your computer... you can also try "adb reboot recovery" as that has gotten me into cwm a couple times when i was bootlooping...

but i think your best bet to actually get it working... sbf and reflash...I'v sbf'ed and reflashed over 5 times in the past 4 days, (I basically haven't had a phone for the past week). It's the same problem every time. I do know that the 1st time I flashed the regular CM, not the 2nd init, however the last time I reflashed and downloaded ROM Manager koush had just released a new version, which automatically checked my phone and gave me only the 2nd init as an option, I'm a little fuzzy on the details - cuz in that sitting I sbf'ed and flashed like 3 times in a row, trying different things - but I believe that I could have tried bootstrapping too. So basically probably the only time I flashed the 2nd init, I made the mistake bootstrapping at the same time.

jeems
12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
ok, so forgive me but I would like to clarify some things.

1. you can sbf/root and access CWM from stock?
2. you install gummy 1.3 and then can't access CWM?
3. all you are trying to attempt is to restore your nandroid?

FrontierProject
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
ok, so forgive me but I would like to clarify some things.

1. you can sbf/root and access CWM from stock?
2. you install gummy 1.3 and then can't access CWM?
3. all you are trying to attempt is to restore your nandroid?correct on all but number 3. At this point I'm basically back to the point where I was when I made the nandroid, so my goal is simply to make the phone boot CWM, from what you guys have told me I believe I'll have this done pretty quick, just flash the 2nd init recovery and reboot. However I'm a little scared to do it cuz I don't really feel like doing an sbf/root/flash cycle again >.<

jeems
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
ok, good luck.

For future reference, you theoretically should be able to install the latest version of recovery from rom manager and access it on the stock rom (I have had issues with this in the past). If it happens again and you can't get the latest recovery installed allowing you to restore your nandroid, try a different rom. The newest ones should boot to the latest recovery from power menu. I'm not sure why you have had issues with gummy, but you should be able to restore the nandroid from any rom. And like someone said you can't use bootstrap with 2nd init. I never install bootstrapper once I install a rom.