PDA

View Full Version : Police Academy 1.5 mile run! help?

l3l4ck0ut
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey all, I first wanted to say thank you all, as you all have helped me out of dire situations with my X2! With that being said, I have always aspired to be a police officer or deputy, but it has been a long time since I've been in good shape. The requirement for Iowa Law Enforcement Academy is 1.5 miles in 12:51 for my age group, and currently I'm nowhere close to that. I can only run about 3/10 mile before I need to stop, and that is pushing myself! My current mile time is terrible, around 12:30-13:00 if I push myself! I have been running, diligently, a couple of weeks now and have already gotten better. I was running about 14:30-15:00 when I started, which is downright embarrasing...I know...I know that a lot of you are avid runners, and some are already part of the blue brotherhood (or FFs as well), do any of you guys have any pointers for me? I greatly appreciate it in advance! :D

BHuber09
12-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Dude i would absolutely love to help you out here.
Running is where i thrive man.
In currently about to head to take a huge test but whenever i get back ill Pm you and we can get the ball rolling.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

maybish
12-08-2012, 02:04 PM
B would be your best help! Good luck! When is your test?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

l3l4ck0ut
12-08-2012, 02:29 PM
haven't even applied yet, maybish. waiting until im done with school to do that, but i know ill pass the other tests as I have with the previous sheriff's dept i applied for a few years back. I'm just doing it now so ill be ready when it comes time, plus i need to get in shape anyhow.

maybish
12-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Ah ok! You'll be fine!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2