PDA

View Full Version : Are there any roms for droid x2 on 2.3.5

Redtip420
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Can someone please tell me if there are any roms that are compatible with droid x2 on 2.3.5. Or should I SPF back to 2.3.5. Someone please help because I do not want to Sbf right now

GoCliffGo05
11-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Currently there is only 1 ROM that will work on 2.3.5. It is Eclipse. It is a very stable Gingerbread based ROM. It can be found here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-roms/46031-rom-eclipse-v2-2-5-7-12-a.html

That being said, every other ROM out there (CM7, CM9, AOKP ICS, Paranoid Android, MIUI, CM10, AOKP JB) can only be used on 2.3.4. There is nothing wrong with Eclipse but it is not very customizable compared to CM7 (also a Gingerbread based ROM.) If you need help installing or SBFing, just say the word.

wilsors
12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I installed this Eclipse 2.3 ROM on my Droid X2 (2.3.5 418) yesterday. Everything seems to be working fine... BUT... now my battery is all messed up. If I browse the internet or use the devise, my charge will go from 100% to 90% within 5-10min... then jump to 50% within 2-5 min... then jump to 20% within 2 min... then cuts off. I've tried to calibrate the battery by two methods... boot in recovery and reset battery stats, then by removing the battery while plugged in and rebooting. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. :)

GoCliffGo05
12-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Hmm, the battery issue you are describing is not a known issue for Eclipse. Wiping battery stats in BSR doesn't actually do anything for the X2. I would charge the phone, let it die completely, keep it off and charge it full again.... if it still drains like that try reflashing the ROM or your battery may just be going bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Redtip420
12-02-2012, 02:29 AM
How to unsubscribe from a thread

GoCliffGo05
12-02-2012, 02:44 AM
On the computer go to "settings" at the top of the page. There you should see "subscribed threads" Click "view all subscribed threads" Click the little box next to the thread/threads you want and then at the bottom of the list you will see "selected threads." Click it and choose cancel subscrition... Why are you unsubscribing? lol.

ktklein72
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I've been contemplating moving from Eclipse 2.3 to CM7.2 and was wondering if anyone had any real-world experience w/CM7. I've been using Eclipse for several versions and while it is fluid and nice, lately I've been seeing more and more FC's (probably not Eclipse's fault...) and ongoing sluggishness. I've uninstalled quite a few apps and cleared cache and Dalvik cache from BSR and so far it's made a minor improvement. What irks me is the GPS on E2.3 has issues and Nitro no longer has a working X2 so dev has basically stopped. I'm stuck w/my X2 until late Feb at the absolute earliest or late June when my 2yrs is up. I was wondering what issues if any CM7.2 for the X2 has. Any feedback is appreciated. (And I know it requires SBFing back to 2.3.4). Thanks.

GoCliffGo05
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Cm7 is very stable and a lot more customizeable. I ran it for a long time, occasionally switching up to CM10 or Paranoid Android but always came back to it. If you have no problem SBFing then yes go for it. Not to mention once on CM7 you will have the option of trying any if the ICS or JB ROMs and if you don't like them you can just nandroid back to CM7. It is very stable, DZK was a beast for the X2.

ktklein72
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I very well may just give it a go. I like Eclipse a lot but Nitro is on to bigger and better things and w/o an X2 there's really nothing more he can do. I've heard similar rumor w/DZK (that his X2 may be bitting or did bite the dust) so I just want to find the most stable/lease buggy ROM and stick with it for as long as I have my X2. I guess I'll go check the threads over at XDA & Rootz for CM7.2 on the X2. Thanks for the feedback. I rarely use TiBU so I have the free version, but it may be worth upgrading so I can make a flashable zip of all apps and their settings so I can flash the ROM and then the TiBU file and be up and running.

GoCliffGo05
12-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Yup DZK has moved on also because his phone died. CM7 is a gingerbread ROM for an gingerbread phone, it is very stable. The thread here has the current version too I believe. Either way, its the best bet.

ktklein72
12-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Is the WiFi dropout still an issue on RC1-B2? I also saw a reference about flashing a mashup script full of enhancements. Any firsthand experience or knowledge of either or?

GoCliffGo05
12-03-2012, 05:04 PM
My wifi was fine on CM7... about the mashup. I tried it on Eclipse and it screwed things up for me so I never used it on CM7. My suggestion would be to make a backup of CM7 and then install the mashup. If it makes the phone act funny just restore the nandroid, if you think it helps then keep it.

ktklein72
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah, that's the plan. Also found a separate thread about a cron scheduler process for fixing phone call lag and wifi dropout. I's gathering all of the pertinent threads so I can read up before I make any changes. I've only ever SBF'd one time (to go from stock to Eclipse) so I guess I'll have to reread those steps too. As far as you know, is it safe to make a backup in TiBU and create a flashable apps (and their settings) zip which I can install using DZK's modified BSR?

I assume I'd SBF back to 2.3.4, root using Pete's 1-click method, follow the instructions for installing CM72RC1B2DX2 and the modified BSR, flash the TiBU zip and if needed flash the mashup and or cron zips if I run into any of the issues some DX2 users mentioned. Oh wait, I forgot create a nadroid b/u after flashing the TiBU apps zip. Sounds simple enough... Hopefully I'll still be able to use Holo Launcher and Holo Locker when all is said and done as I really like them.

GoCliffGo05
12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes it is safe to use TiBu to make the flashable zip. I just did this myself again the other night. The only thing i suggest though is that there are two different options when making the .zip. Do both of them so there are two copies because one didnt work for me and the other did (can't recall off the top of my head which one worked but if you make one of each it wont be an issue.). That being said you dont need to make a zip as long as you make a backup in Titanium all you will have to do is redownload it once you flash CM7 and all your apps will be in there.

Yes your steps are correct. SBF, Root using Petes, Install normal BSR, make a backup of stock 2.3.4 rooted (if you want), flash CM7, install CM7 patched BSR, backup, flash whatever you want. If Holo worked on 2.3.5 it will work on 2.3.4 but it is not the default launcher on CM7 so you will just have to set your defaults once you download Holo.