PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted To Restore Droid X To Out Of Box State (Starting Over)

Nintendroid
11-24-2012, 10:07 PM
My Phone:

System version - 4.5.588.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android version - 2.3.3
ROM Version - Liberty GB v0.4

What I would like to do is clean up my phone by starting over, if that is the best option. After that, I want a new ROM that is up to date, has great Battery Life and runs smoothly. Good customization is wanted as well.

So I just would like to know how I go about doing all this. If any other information is needed, I will gladly help as much as I can. Thanks.

GoCliffGo05
11-24-2012, 11:03 PM
No problem. I would suggest going up to version .605. It is Gingerbread. There is a .621 out but once you are on it there is no going back, so it is best to avoid it if at all possible. Make sure you are on Verizon... If you aren't don't use any of the info i posted below.

There are two methods to SBF your phone to .605. The easiest would be to use the 1KDS method. That can be found here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html Instructions are in the thread but make sure you grab the .605 one. Basically what you will do is download the .iso file, burn it to a disk, boot your computer from that disk and follow the onscreen instructions.

Or there is always RSD Lite. You would download the .605 file from here https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files and then use this guide http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html for instructions. Make sure to download and install the Motorola drivers for your computer, use the stock cable that came with your phone and ignore the SBF file they are using. The process should be the same.

Like I said, the 1KDS method is probably the easiest way to go. Post back if you have any questions.

Nintendroid
11-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the help. I am now on .605 using the RSD Lite method. Now where should I go from here about installing ROMs and Themes? Also is there any other information that I should know? Thanks again.

jeems
11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Have you rooted it yet? That's where you'll want to go next.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html (it says .602 but the zergrush and d3 mothods both work for .605)

And for future reference, the linux method cliff posted allows you to SBF and root at the same time.

Nintendroid
11-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Thanks jeems. I am now rooted. I am thinking MIUI for the ROM I want to use. Will this work for the version I am on? Also is there any more steps I need to know before installing a ROM? Thanks again.

jeems
11-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Do you have the D2 bootstrap app? You'll need that to install a rom from the stock system. Otherwise follow the instructions in the rom page. I suggest making a backup once you get to CWM. It makes restoring to the state you are at a lot easier for those times an SBF isn't necessary. I am assuming you are at least somewhat familiar with CWM since you were on a rom. If you need more specifics don't hesitate to ask.

Nintendroid
11-27-2012, 12:02 PM
I installed MIUI and then applied a theme and now I am stuck at the lock screen I believe and everything is black except the Pull Down Menu, which I can not use. I am thinking I need to get into CWM, but am having no luck.

jeems
11-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Was it black android theme? Try holding down the back button then press the volume up button from the non-lockscreen lockscreen. Should bypass the lockscreen. If that doesn't work get to CWM and reflash the rom without wipes. Just reboot (battery pull if you have to) and press volume down when the led flashes blue. This will bring you into bootmenu. Select recory> CWM recovery and it should take you into CWM.

Nintendroid
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes it was black android theme. Back and Volume Up buttons worked for me. Thank you again.

Also is there any themes that aren't Chinese?

jeems
11-27-2012, 12:26 PM
most of them have english versions. miui is chinese so a lot of the previews show chinese characters. you can do a google search or check over at XDA developers. A lot of themes there. Also, stryker has several posted in this forum.

Nintendroid
11-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for all the help jeems.

jeems
11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
No problem!