PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing CM10

ohnoitscoolbreeze
11-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Hey all, I just got a warranty replacement phone and thought I would give CM10 a shot. Here are the steps I've taken:<br>

RSD to 2.3.4
Rooted with DoomLord Easy Root Toolkit
Downloaded files and moved to SD card
Booted into recovery

I keep getting the E: Signature Verification Failed error message. I've tried downloading the file multiple times, un-rooting and re-rooting and I just can't get past this error message. I installed CM7 on my last DX2 no problemo.

I'd really appreciate any help as banging my head against the desk isn't helping.

Thanks guys!

jeems
11-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Check to make sure signature verification is disabled. In CWM go to install zip from SD card then choose "toggle signature verification". Toggle it so it says "signature verification disabled" then try to flash.

ohnoitscoolbreeze
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Check to make sure signature verification is disabled. In CWM go to install zip from SD card then choose "toggle signature verification". Toggle it so it says "signature verification disabled" then try to flash. Whenever I tried to boot into CWM Recovery from rom manager, It just reboots my phone as normal. Is there something I'm missing to get into ClockworkMod recovery?

jeems
11-15-2012, 09:05 AM
oh, it's not letting you into recovery at all. You said booted into recovery earlier so I assumed you were in there.

Do you have the DX2 bootstrapper app?

ohnoitscoolbreeze
11-15-2012, 09:38 AM
oh, it's not letting you into recovery at all. You said booted into recovery earlier so I assumed you were in there. Do you have the DX2 bootstrapper app? Yes, I have that and DROID x bootstrap app and they both restart my phone normally (not into recovery). The only way I can get to recovery is through the stock recovery (Power + volume button method).

jeems
11-15-2012, 09:51 AM
stock recovery won't let you flash roms, make backups etc. You have the DX2 bootstrap right, not the D2 bootstrap? The DX and D2 bootstrap won't work on your phone. If you have the DX2 bootstrap it should work. You've verified you have root and granted the bootstrap app superuser rights correct?

GoCliffGo05
11-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Lots of stuff going on here. First never use ROM Manager on the X2, it doesn't work.

You need to download this: http://www.markhm1972.com/MotorolaDroidX2/MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.rar
1) Unzip it and with your phone in mass storage mode place it on your external card.
2) In phone settings go to applications and make sure "unknown sources" is checked.
3) Open file manager, navigate to the file
4) Click it and press package install
5) Open your apps and open "System Recovery"
6) Allow Super User access and press "Install Recovery"
7) PLUG YOUR PHONE INTO A WALL CHARGER
8) Then press Recovery Mode

This will get you into our custom recovery

Make a backup
1) Scroll to Backup/Restore with the volume key, power to select it
2) Select external SD Card
3) Backup
4) Once that is complete you can flash the Rom

1) Scroll to install zip from sd card
2) Scroll to the 2nd option "choose zip from sd card" (it says something similar to that, cant quite remember)
3) Scroll to CM10 zip and press power to flash it
4) Scroll to GApps zip and press power to flash it
5) Go Back
6) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
7) Wipe Cahce
8) Reboot.

First reboot can take the longest, be patient.

jeems
11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Lots of stuff going on here. First never use ROM Manager on the X2, it doesn't work.

Knew you'd come through cliff! I didn't know this about ROM manager so thanks.