PDA

View Full Version : New to the droid x...

tCrider
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey all. Just got a droid x from a friend of mine i have already had it activated to metro an rooted. I currently have clockwork mod recovery, SU, Titanium backup (keyed). I am looking to get the MMS working but it seems that there are a few different ways about it. Not sure where to start, and this evening I was messing with phone and I noticed in the phone section under system updates it said that an update available is ready...4.5.60.en.US should i do this?? Thanks in advance

clothednblack
11-07-2012, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't take any ota updates if you are already modded, what's the mms issue you are having?

Teleported from CM10 on my SG3

tCrider
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't have any...have to use wifi when I get home all my email and such. I have read several threads redarding this on a cpl other fourms such as xda but still kinda lost.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

clothednblack
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
You said you were looking to get mms working so it sound like you had a issue

Teleported from CM10 on my SG3

tCrider
11-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Well with the flash from metro I only get text and phone...but I know from previous experience on an older phone with some rooting and such that it is possible...I just need to figure out which direction I need to be pointed in. I got this far. I can figure it out if I knew what info I need in order to get this darn phone to work right.

GoCliffGo05
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
You need your carriers APN settings... You can then use root explorer or something similar to go in and change them. Depending on your firmware you might just be able to go in and change them manually under settings.

If you're gonna use root explorer the apn.xml should be under /system/etc -> apn-conf.xml

tCrider
11-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Well I installed and ran anycut....apn backup and restore.....and astro. I deleted the old Verizon apn and than manually set the metro information. Still nothing. I am gonna open up cdma and check phone settings. See if maaaaybe I missed something.

tCrider
11-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Also the update that I mentioned earlier in this post is trying to install. Is there a way to perminately stop it??

newmanx4
11-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Use Titanium Backup to freeze the updater.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
And clear your cache in stock recovery if you already downloaded the update... also just a shot in the dark but what happens if you download go SMS or handcent.... can you send MMS in those?

Sent via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

tCrider
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Ok updater is frozen...thx mate. I tried handcent and no go. It just sat there in sending status. Ok...let's c if we can start over.

My main issue after getting metro to flash my droid x over I do not have Mms or internet (non wifi). I have read here and on xda that it is possible to set this feature back up. I just don't know where to start. That is my main issue. I have set the apn for metro but it still hasn't worked. This is driving me friggin crazy....lol

tCrider
11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Ok got my new rom installed.....running apex now. Liking it alot. Now I just need to get my mms and internet to work non wifi. Still researching the methodfor that. I set upthe apn as instructed but still no go.

GoCliffGo05
11-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Have you thought about just taking it to the carrier at this point and seeing what they say? Or at least call them and see if they can walk you through setup? If you have a data plan then there is no reason you shouldn't have working internet off wifi.

tCrider
11-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Seeing as how it is set for metropcs I don't think will happen. Hence the reason why I have to manually set these features

tCrider
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Have you thought about just taking it to the carrier at this point and seeing what they say? Or at least call them and see if they can walk you through setup? If you have a data plan then there is no reason you shouldn't have working internet off wifi.

Running off wifi is not the issue. I know that mms and internet non wifi is my issue. There seems to be a workaround...as it were...to this issue. I can not sendil or rcv mms msgs. Plus I can not access internet without wifi access. These r my current issues.

tCrider
11-16-2012, 12:50 PM
As of right now I have tried pretty much all setups to get the mms and internet to work without using wifi. I have been unsuccessful in that attempt. Does anyone haveany ideas as to what my issue might be? Btw I have set the apns to the metropcs setting and my proxy has been adjusted as well..........totally lost at this point.

tCrider
01-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Well...finally got off my butt and got data working...kinda. I can get my work emails and such working but mms still seems to hate me. LOL I have the 1x symbol showing on my screen now. Yippee. Is it possible to get the 3g to work. I have a cpl apps that require that feature. Any help would be greatly appreciatef.

Sent from my MonsterDroid using Droid X Forums

NUNsLAUGHTER92
01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
First off, it is okay to update the droidx when flashed, to stock or custom ROMs. You can even upgrade your radio file, just don't downgrade or you'll have to flash again.
And for MMS, I'd try the apn settings on cricketusers, but change things from cricket to metro or metropcs, not sure which it has to be.
http://www.cricketusers.com/showthread.php?t=5373

Edit: and I heard to get 3G on metro you have to flash a certain prl, probably with cdma workshop but maybe you'll need QPST (if it's not hybrid then you can use cdma workshop.) And I can't remember what the prl is called but I'm sure you could find it pretty quickly with Google.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."

tCrider
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Tuxedo a million...I will give it a shot tonight

tCrider
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Darn auto correct...thnx