PDA

View Full Version : Droid X - Cannot Do Default Factory Reset (NO Home+Power)

BuckNaked78
10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
I have a bit of an issue, I have my Droid X that freezes on the Red Eye when booting. I cannot get to the Factory Reset mode because my home button is stuck down or it just doesn't work anymore. The other buttons around it work fine. So I went on reading and decided to flash it using the sbf method; although I tried many times it seem to fail no matter which sbf version i used. After failing it would give me the boot loader error:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

I recently was able to get the 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf to reboot and start to actually boot instead of the Error screen above. It is now stuck in the boot loop. Any thoughts how I can fix this issue with our needing to use the Home key?

clothednblack
10-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Are you doing the sbf with a motorola cable? It matters, a generic cable doesn't work very well for sbf, as for the button, you may be able to fix it if it's stuck but I have never taken mine apart so I don't know.

Pimped out Dx WiZaRdS MiUi

BuckNaked78
10-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Yes, I have used a few different Motorola cables; along with different PC's. I have not tried the Linux method yet (here (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html#post106312)). I took it apart but was unable to get to the keys as I do not have a size 3 torx or hex screwdriver.

Also, the Status of the last Flash using RDS Lite reads "Please Manually power up this phone."; it is currently in the boot loop.

GoCliffGo05
10-31-2012, 12:05 PM
The mem pack blank error on your bootloader means you are on. 621. You have to use the 621 SBF file, you can't use older versions.

Edit: yea shoulda finished reading the post, my bad.

Sent from my X2 using DXF

Goose306
10-31-2012, 12:54 PM
The boot loop post SBF means you need to wipe data/cache in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

BuckNaked78
11-01-2012, 10:41 PM
The boot loop post SBF means you need to wipe data/cache in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I kind of figured that, but I cannot access the correct screen because the Home button does not work. How can I correct this? I do not have the right torx screwdriver to remove the screen to access the buttons. Any thoughts?

Also, I plan on ordering a new tool set with said torx screwdriver soon.