PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

HarleyDude
10-29-2012, 05:31 AM
I seem to remember doing this a year ago with Irene ...

To everybody on the eastern seaboard, best of luck, be smart and stay safe.

Being just south and west of Philly, I'm certain to take a somewhat direct hit. My area is expected to get 8 to 10 inches of rain, that is a lot of water. Also expected to have 60-70 mph sustained winds, wind and rain will start picking up in the next couple hours, with the worst from this afternoon till tomorrow.

fezrock
10-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Good luck with that. For anyone expected to get hit, please be smart and stay safe :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

maybish
10-29-2012, 06:32 AM
Yeah guys. Every one be safe. We are preparing for the worse. I'm expected to report to work between 12 & 2 today. Packing up my bags now! I Not sure when I'll get back to the forums.

May God be with us all!

****May's Galaxy****

DirtyDroid
10-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Stay safe yall

Bkdodger
10-29-2012, 09:29 AM
Stay safe my peeps.. Be smart and prepared..

BK MaXX'hd

macpro88
10-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Stay safe my friends. My prayers for all you peeps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

jwalz
10-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Hey Harley stay safe bro .. on my way home to batten down the hatches . Supposed to get whackef pretty good up Herr too... Thruway traffic is non existent

GoCliffGo05
10-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Irene seems like only yesterday :( Everyone be safe. The rain is already coming down in buckets here so I guess the only thing left to do is wait it out. Good luck.

Sent from my X2 using DXF

clothednblack
10-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Prayers for everyone in the east and do be safe, no heroics peeps, take care of your family and keep us posted as you can.

Pimped out Dx WiZaRdS MiUi

popcenator
10-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Best of luck to everyone in the northeast. Stay safe.

on the move..

GoCliffGo05
10-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Wow looks like I made it through with power.... winds seems calmer and rain has slowed. Lucky.

Hope everyone is safe.

clothednblack
10-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Welcome back glad to hear from someone from the east side

HarleyDude
10-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Sitting on the tail end of the storm now, worst of it is over for my area. Wind and rain have diminished quite a bit. Lost power a few times, but I was lucky, longest outage was less than 10 minutes, whereas Irene had my power out for 1 1/2 days, so I'm pretty happy on that account.
Too dark to see any local damage, but the news is showing the worst of the area damage.
Hope everyone made it through as well as I did

HarleyDude
10-30-2012, 05:44 AM
May, waiting to hear from you. As a first responder, I'm sure you've had your hands full. I saw Gov Christie told the barrier island peeps they were on their own, he was not sending any FRs out to save their butts since they did not evacuate when told

maybish
10-30-2012, 05:59 AM
I posted this in the s3 forum not sure what time maybe around 11.

Hey its really bad here there is ko power in jersey city. The Hudson came in and flooded our station. We had to be evacuated. My car is now underwater I am in tears. My anxiety level is high.
Now I have to rescue the idiots who didn't evacuate. The wind is very bad awnings and signs flying everywhere buildings collapsing. It's only 1030. Gonna be a long night.
****May's Galaxy****

Then again a couple hours ago.

Thank you everyone. Right now things seem to be dying down some. They're estimating no power for days. My bf says my car is Hydrolocked. People are still needing rescue.

When you're told to evacuate to higher ground people do it!

****May's Galaxy****

And now another update. People do not know the meaning of calling 911 for a true emergency people think cause they have stomach pain they can get an ambulance in this weather then complain cause its taken us 45 mins to get to them.
I tried glad my shift is over. The supervisor has taken me off my shift for tonight. I now have to make a claim on my car and figure out how I will get it home. I love that car. It's treated me well all these years. I can't believe this is happening to me. There is no way i can buy another car. I am screwed.

****May's Galaxy****

maybish
10-30-2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks Steve and everyone else for thinking of me. Thank you cliff for keeping in touch with me during all this. Love my dx family!

****May's Galaxy****

HarleyDude
10-30-2012, 06:03 AM
May, so sorry to hear about the car, but it is nice to hear you are OK otherwise

gbrinn
10-30-2012, 06:47 AM
I posted this in the s3 forum not sure what time maybe around 11.

Then again a couple hours ago.

And now another update. People do not know the meaning of calling 911 for a true emergency people think cause they have stomach pain they can get an ambulance in this weather then complain cause its taken us 45 mins to get to them.
I tried glad my shift is over. The supervisor has taken me off my shift for tonight. I now have to make a claim on my car and figure out how I will get it home. I love that car. It's treated me well all these years. I can't believe this is happening to me. There is no way i can buy another car. I am screwed.

****May's Galaxy****

Good to hear you're OK. At least it was just a car, May: It can be replaced...you can't. ;)

GoCliffGo05
10-30-2012, 06:52 AM
You're my hero May! Keep yourself safe.

Bkdodger
10-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi All.. Hope everyone is safe... I was fortunate as it's not bad by me other than no power.. May. Thank you for the work you and many of the services do for us.. Can't tell you how much is it's appreciated..sorry about the car but it will be replaced and you will be rewarded some other way.. Hang in there peeps..

BK MaXX'hd

clothednblack
10-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Glad you are safe May, as a volunteer firefighter and first responder, I know the thoughts that are going through your head, people don't listen and when it hits the fan, they think the problems they are having are more important than everyone else and it's hard not to judge them for not listening to reason and leaving, but that is what we deal with. Keep your head up and stay focused and be safe, your in our prayers. Thank you for being a part of the team ;)

popcenator
10-30-2012, 07:49 AM
May, very glad to hear you're alright, as with the rest of you. Keep your head up!

DirtyDroid
10-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Glad your all right May, my sis is down in jersey and haven't heard from her yet, last I did here she was fine....like they said...the car can be replaced....u can't...bk how's it down in the other NY? Saw pics of Manhattan....brutal bro....

tap'd from the Gnex

Bkdodger
10-30-2012, 08:22 AM
DD.. City is a mess for sure.. Big fire in Queens around 50 houses and 198 firefighters where on the scene..

FDR Parkway last night http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/30/tada8y6e.jpg

BK MaXX'hd

HarleyDude
10-30-2012, 08:24 AM
DD.. City is a mess for sure.. Big fire in Queens around 50 houses and 198 firefighters where on the scene..

FDR Parkway last night http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/30/tada8y6e.jpg

BK MaXX'hd

Wow, amazing pic. Stay safe bro

gbrinn
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Reminds me of Hurricane Floyd. Stay safe, guys...

DirtyDroid
10-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Damn Bk i guess it did.....stay safe

Bkdodger
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Power back in the hood.. Woot... Hope all my peeps are good...

BK MaXX'hd

gbrinn
11-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Think May is still toughing it out: Saw she had power to street lights at the corner of her block but not to her house yet.

HarleyDude
11-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Power back in the hood.. Woot... Hope all my peeps are good... BK MaXX'hdGood to hear. My power survived the storm, but not the resulting tree crew. Power out third day now, I was able to find a generator yesterday. Power company estimates 2 PM tomorrow for ours to be back on

maybish
11-04-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm going almost a week without power. Thank god my friend took me And daughter in. It's supposed to get down to like 33 tonight. I am so thankful for her!

****May's Galaxy****

HarleyDude
11-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Wow May, I can't imagine. I am happy to hear you have a warm place to stay.

gbrinn
11-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I can sympathize: Ice storms taking out power for a couple weeks once as a kid and living through Hurricane Floyd. Not fun at all. Stay warm, May.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

maybish
11-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys! Thank you all too for your support. Means a lot.

****May's Galaxy****

Bkdodger
11-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Good to hear. My power survived the storm, but not the resulting tree crew. Power out third day now, I was able to find a generator yesterday. Power company estimates 2 PM tomorrow for ours to be back on

I'm going almost a week without power. Thank god my friend took me And daughter in. It's supposed to get down to like 33 tonight. I am so thankful for her!

****May's Galaxy****

HD hopefully back up for you.. I can't complain a little power out a few days and we are doing what we can to help others in need.. Strong community here and around.. Glad to hear you got generator..

May that's great news.. You deserve a warm spot for sure.. I'm sure you are non stop.. Not enough words to say thanks for all you do for people.. I truly believe you will be rewarded..

°BK's pure G-Nex°