PDA

View Full Version : 3G/1X Data Connection Knocked Out

specter2426
10-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi all,

Just updated to LiquidICS ROM after messing up off an .621 update. I had to SBF to .621, then use Linux to go back to .604, root, then flash a custom .621 rooted and stock ROM and then I flashed the LiquidICS ROM. I have no data connection. I didn't notice because I was connected via a wireless connection. I just got off the phone with Verizon, and she had me go through several steps and nothing. I have tried battery pulls, factory resets, re-flashes, backups, restores. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? This is a Droid X, and I have never had any trouble with a data connection, and I am in a good spot. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

**edited** 12:30am dialed *#*#4636#*#* for phone information. radio is on. cdma auto (PRL) GSM service: in service GPRS service: disconnected

GoCliffGo05
10-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Did you dial *228 to activate it? Also is data on under settings?

Sent from my X2 using DXF

Goose306
10-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Did you dial *228 to activate it? Also is data on under settings?

Sent from my X2 using DXF

Also if *228 doesn't work can try *228+ had to do that when I transferred my old DX to my sister to activate on her line on AOSP. You can get the + in the dialer by pressing and holding 0.

You stated you SBF'ed to .604 via Linux, you didn't attempt at any point to do the .604 SBF via RSD Lite did you? What's your Baseband version? (just give us what it ends in, we should hopefully be seeing .13p or .15p, however post up what you have)

specter2426
10-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Yes. I did *228 option 1 and option 2. I also have data turned on in every place that I can think of. I also just SBFed again back to .621 stock using RSDLite to see if that would reset the radio band. Got nothing. I also called Verizon to have them reprovision my data. The lady said she did it. But nothing happened.

**editted** just saw your second post. I did at one point try to SBF back to .604 using RSDLite. I read afterwards about that messing up the phone. Lemme post my baseband version. I have not tried *228+. Baseband version=.15P

specter2426
10-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Just did *228+ both options and I have not noticed anything yet.

Goose306
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Just did *228+ both options and I have not noticed anything yet.

If you SBFd with 604 via RSD sometime in the past that is why. Do you have multiple life es on your Verizon account? If so go online and swap phones on the line (go to another smartphone and go back) otherwise you need to call Verizon for them to reprovision the data. If that 604 baseband is ever active on the phone it flips something and Verizon themselves have to resolve it, swapping phones and/or calling Customer Service has been how people have gotten it back in the past.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

specter2426
10-24-2012, 01:21 PM
ok. I had talked with Verizon last night. But nothing happened. How should I go about telling them the correct thing? What words should I use? And if I swap the phone lines, does that mean I have to swap with another smar phone or just any phone? I'm assuming that means swap phones and activate the other Phone then swap back to droid x and activate it? I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right. I'm not computer dumb, I just made a mistake so I wanna go back and do it right this time.

specter2426
10-25-2012, 09:24 PM
After talking with Verizon for the 3rd time inside of this week, nothing has worked. Each person says that there is something wrong with the device itself. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

specter2426
10-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Hey guys!! Problem solved!! Activating and programming a new phone on the same line, then switching back to my Droid X is what solved the issue!! Thank you guys so much for your feedback!!

Goose306
10-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey guys!! Problem solved!! Activating and programming a new phone on the same line, then switching back to my Droid X is what solved the issue!! Thank you guys so much for your feedback!!

Perfect glad its fixed. Sorry I didn't get back, work has been real hectic this week. What you did was actually what I meant by my post (swap phone to that line and swap back)

Calling CS is a lottery. I know plenty of people got it resolved that way but its pretty much luck of the draw. Most everyone had to call a few times to find someone who could fix it, its definitely an "out of the box" problem and solution.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2