PDA

View Full Version : Bricked???

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm having a hard time finding information. Here is my situation...

1. Rooted DX a while back.
2. Got a new phone so want to give DX to my daughter.
3. Want to leave it rooted but want to wipe it without losing root.
4. Was told on another forum to go into CWM and wipe/reset.
5. Did that ^^...
6. Phone rebooted to Motorola Logo screen and is stuck.
7. Can still get into boot screen but can't get passed logo screen on reboot.

What did I do wrong? It has been stuck all day and not I have a black screen...I think the battery died. I have it plugged in to try and charge the battery but not sure if it will in this stage. Is there anyone that can help me please.

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Were you rooted and on a ROM? Also what system version were you on? Sounds like a SBF is in order but if the battery is dead you will need to find a way to charge it. What does your bootloader say?

Sent from my X2 using DXF

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Were you rooted and on a ROM? Also what system version were you on? Sounds like a SBF is in order but if the battery is dead you will need to find a way to charge it. What does your bootloader say?

This it what it was before I rooted it back in August.
Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g34b306d
bmvq37@zin22lnxdroid28 #1
Build Number 4.5.1_57_DX5-35
System Version: 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Bootloader only says:
Reboot System Now
Apply Update From SDcard
Wipe data/Factory Reset
Wipe Cache Partition

I think that is all it said. As far as charging...FRACK! Hope I can do that, if not...I'm S.O.L. yeah? **EDIT** Got it to come back on Looking at loader now.**EDIT**

milski65
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
This it what it was before I rooted it back in August.
Android Version: 2.3.3
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g34b306d
bmvq37@zin22lnxdroid28 #1
Build Number 4.5.1_57_DX5-35
System Version: 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Bootloader only says:
Reboot System Now
Wipe/Factory Reset
Update From SD Memory
Backup/Restore (I think)

I think that is all it said. As far as charging...FRACK! Hope I can do that, if not...I'm S.O.L. yeah?

Worst case go to a Verizon store and ask them to recharge it. Buy another battery as a backup, or go to the tbh site and order some factory cable adaptors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
That's not bootloader, that's stock recovery. Have you tried wiping data and cache again or can you not get back in there?

To get to bootloader you need to turn the phone off. Hold the camera button then hold volume down then hold power. It will let you know if the battery is low in there or if you are ok to SBF. If the battery is low you will need to find another x to swap batteries with, buy an external charger or take it to a store and *see* if they will charge it for you.

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-22-2012, 08:16 PM
That's not bootloader, that's stock recovery. Have you tried wiping data and cache again or can you not get back in there?

To get to bootloader you need to turn the phone off. Hold the camera button then hold volume down then hold power. It will let you know if the battery is low in there or if you are ok to SBF. If the battery is low you will need to find another x to swap batteries with, buy an external charger or take it to a store and *see* if they will charge it for you.

Wiped both data and cache and it didn't not pass the logo screen. Got to bootloader...battery is low...will try and get it charged over the next day or so...will be back when I have a full battery. Thanks...chat again soon.

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok. Once you get a charged battery, the fix is simple. :)

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I will have it charged tomorrow afternoon about noon (pst). My friend has a DX but lives on the other side of town. I'll post then for you hopefully you'll get it...either way, I'll be on with a fully charged battery. Thanks for all of your help.

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Sure thing. I may not be around tomorrow but a little later tonight I will post everything you need. If you run into any problems other people will surely be able to help you. :)

clothednblack
10-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Sure thing. I may not be around tomorrow but a little later tonight I will post everything you need. If you run into any problems other people will surely be able to help you. :)

Hard to help when you're around ;)
Edit: I mean that from the heart, you are everywhere helpful as always :D
Pimped out Dx WiZaRdS MiUi

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM

Um...hope you're here. I got the phone plugged in and got the bootloader 30.04 screen showing...says:
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

But it is plugged into the wall, should I plug it into my computer? But if I take it from the wall, Battery Low blinks at me.

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Ok so once you have a charged battery here is what you will need to do.

1.) Go here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html and download the (4.5.605 Gingerbread) file.
2.) Burn the .iso to a disc ( Windows 7 instructions http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/548-burn-disc-image-iso-img-file.html ) (Windows Vista/XP instructions Burning ISO Images with ImgBurn - Guides - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki (http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/G/Burning+ISO+Images+with+ImgBurn))
3.) Boot your computer from the disc
4.) Hit F12 (sometimes F8 or esc) during boot to go to boot menu (possibly google search how to boot your specific pc from CDROM)
5.) Select boot from CDROM
6.) Hit enter at the yellow "boot baby... boot" screen
7.) You will see yellow dots for 3-5 minutes then the script will start
8.) Hit cancel at the sound card check
9.) Follow the onscreen instructions for SBF
10.) You should be back up and running.

*Just note that you *may* have to wipe data after the SBF which will cause you to lose any data/apps/personal things on your phone (not on the external SD card but the internal.)

This cd will also give you the option to root again if you would like to. Good luck, and post any questions you have. :)

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Um...hope you're here. I got the phone plugged in and got the bootloader 30.04 screen showing...says:
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

But it is plugged into the wall, should I plug it into my computer? But if I take it from the wall, Battery Low blinks at me.

When plugged into the wall it will show battery ok, but once you take it off it shows battery low. You can't proceed until you have a charged battery. Sorry.

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-22-2012, 10:50 PM
When plugged into the wall it will show battery ok, but once you take it off it shows battery low. You can't proceed until you have a charged battery. Sorry. Okay when I do the SBF should the phone be plugged into the computer ?

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Once you boot from the disc you can plug in or wait and the screen will say waiting for phone. It should be in bootloader too.

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Once you boot from the disc you can plug in or wait and the screen will say waiting for phone. It should be in bootloader too.

Phone has fully charged battery...is plugged in to computer...is in bootloader....cancelled sound check...looking at someone else's desktop on my comp....slitaz in lower right corner....how long does SBF take from here?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Droid X Forums

jeems
10-23-2012, 04:24 PM
hehe, not someone else's desktop, you are running a version of linux off of the disc. If you followed the on screen instructions I figure you should be done by now. Did it work for you?

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 05:47 PM
hehe, not someone else's desktop, you are running a version of linux off of the disc. If you followed the on screen instructions I figure you should be done by now. Did it work for you?

Jeems, no it didn't work for me. I plugged it in and followed all of the instructions. Got to where it says "Take out battery, Put it back in, Boot to bootloader, Plug in OG MOTOROLA USB cord, Hit ENTER"...did all of that...hit ENTER...then it says "Downloading SBF files do not hit any keys" Don't hit any keys...then it says "Waiting for phone:_". It sits here for 30mins then screen on computer goes blank.

I was told by someone in PM that I needed to have the MOTO drivers? They sent me 32bit drivers for Windows comp...I have Win7 64bit. Waiting to hear back.

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Try this

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Software/Motorola-Media-Link-US-EN
And make sure when you installed the drivers to right click and install as administrator

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Try this

Software - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA (http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Software/Motorola-Media-Link-US-EN)
And make sure when you installed the drivers to right click and install as administrator

I am really starting to feel like an idiot...I right-clicked the link above and I don't get an option to install it. I left-click the link and it takes me to a website that offers me updates but I don't know which one to click...there are several things to click on that page...Contact Tools...Car Finder etc...but nothing about drivers.

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Try rsdlite and the 605 file, Linux disc doesn't need drivers, my bad not yours

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 06:51 PM
If that doesn't work, use a different usb port and try the disk again, sorry about the link I did all this a different way

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 06:56 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Drivers are here if needed

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Try this<br>
<br>
<a href="http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Software/Motorola-Media-Link-US-EN" target="_blank">http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Software/Motorola-Media-Link-US-EN</a><br>
And make sure when you installed the drivers to right click and install as administrator <br>
<br>
Pimped out Dx WiZaRdS MiUi<br><br>

I am really starting to feel like an idiot...I right-clicked the link above and I don't get an option to install it. I left-click the link and it takes me to a website that offers me updates but I don't know which one to click...there are several things to click on that page...Contact Tools...Car Finder etc...but nothing about drivers.

**EDIT** What about these Here are the Motorola Droid X 64bit Drivers only! - Android Forums (http://androidforums.com/droid-x-support-troubleshooting/267697-here-motorola-droid-x-64bit-drivers-only.html) ? I'm still stuck at the "Waiting for phone:" on the setup GoCliffGo05 has me trying. My phone is bricked at the Logo screen. I just feel real dumb right now. Cause I followed instructions on another forum and it bricked my phone and no one over there wanted or knew what to do. I just want my phone working again.*EDIT*

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Try rsdlite and the 605 file, Linux discount doesn't need drivers, my bad not yours

Where do I get an update to RSD Lite? The one I have is 4.6...everywhere I have read says it's at 4.8 or 5.4 or something like that.

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 07:14 PM

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Drivers are here if needed

And can you tell me what this is 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf I found it on the internet too.

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Have no idea about test keys, did you fine everything else?

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Should be able to Google the updated rsdlite

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Have no idea about test keys, did you fine everything else?

Haven't tried again yet. I'm a little discouraged and think I'm just going to give up. I didn't think it would be this difficult. I was told to do it one way by one person and now I'm being told to do it a different way by you. I'm just really confused and don't want to mess up the phone anymore than it already is. But I think it's beyond fixing, but what do I know?

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Haven't seen a Dx brick yet

Wizard0f0s
10-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Are you using the stock USB cable that came with the phone? The moto cable is different from other cables with the same style pin out (meaning the inner cabling is different but it looks the same). Unless you took it off, it should have a Motorola tag on it.

What does the phone say right now? If the bootloader screen changed, don't do any of the following until you tell us what the phone screen says now.

If the phone prompt is still at the original bootloader screen and you are using the moto cable, unplug the phone from the cable and plug it back in. If that doesn't get it started, unplug the cable from the phone, pull the battery, and boot back to the bootloader. Then plug the phone back in.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Are you using the stock USB cable that came with the phone? The moto cable is different from other cables with the same style pin out (meaning the inner cabling is different but it looks the same). Unless you took it off, it should have a Motorola tag on it.

What does the phone say right now? If the bootloader screen changed, don't do any of the following until you tell us what the phone screen says now.

If the phone prompt is still at the original bootloader screen and you are using the moto cable, unplug the phone from the cable and plug it back in. If that doesn't get it started, unplug the cable from the phone, pull the battery, and boot back to the bootloader. Then plug the phone back in.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it's the stock cable that came with the phone. It has the moto tag and moto emblem on the cord. Last I tried, it said:

Bootloader 30.04

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transer Mode:
USB

I was doing the Linux disc as GoCliffGo05 had instructed previously in this thread. I followed the instructions to a T and it came to a part where it said "Waiting for Phone:_" I plugged in the phone and nothing for 30mins til the screen on my comp went black. I let it sit there for another 20min and still nothing. I unplugged the phone, took out the battery to not drain it again, rebooted my computer and started over. It did the same thing, got all the way to the "Waiting for phone:_" I plugged the phone in in a different USB slot on my comp (I only have two ports) and still nothing for another 30mins when screen went black again. I haven't tried again since around 1:30PM PST. I don't want to drain the battery. I have a friend who has a DX and I was near his house today, he lives about 45mins away from me so I can't just go to his house whenever...so we swapped out batteries so that I could try this and I stayed at his house until I wore out my welcome and needed to get home to pick up my kid from school. He fully charged my battery and it is sitting on my desk next to my comp out of the phone so I don't drain it again.

In case you aren't aware, I'm on Windows 7 64bit, laptop...my DX was rooted and I wanted to wipe it to give it to my kid without losing the root. A guy on another forum...not here...told me to wipe it through CWM and it would be fine to give to her and I wouldn't lose the root. After I wiped it, when it rebooted, it froze on the Moto Logo screen. That's when I came here and started asking questions. This was hours after I'd tried to get help from the guys at the other forum to no avail. But by the time I got here, the battery was dead and I had to wait until today to get on with a fresh battery. I got all the info and have been unsuccessful so far.

Hope all this helps.

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 10:40 PM
So.... Your phone is on and showing the bootloader screen and plugged into the computer when you start the process? And it can't find your phone? Does it see your phone when you plug it in at the beginning of the rsdlite?

DirtyDroid
10-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Kinda browsed the thread a bit.....did those drivers ever get installed that Clothedinblack posted?

tap'd from the Gnex

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 10:46 PM
So.... Your phone is on and showing the bootloader screen and plugged into the computer when you start the process? And it can't find your phone? Does it see your phone when you plug it in at the beginning of the rsdlite?

I can try again for the Linux. I haven't tried the RSD because I don't know how to do it. The "How To" guide was a little confusing to me and I got scared.

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Kinda browsed the thread a bit.....did those drivers ever get installed that Clothedinblack posted?

tap'd from the Gnex

No, haven't put them on my computer yet. Wasn't sure how to. I pulled the link he posted and it gave me a zip file. I tried to unzip it and it said "nothing in file to unzip". I just gave up after that.

DirtyDroid
10-23-2012, 10:52 PM
No, haven't put them on my computer yet. Wasn't sure how to. I pulled the link he posted and it gave me a zip file. I tried to unzip it and it said "nothing in file to unzip". I just gave up after that.

Just download this and double click
http://db.tt/on4uphUs

tap'd from the Gnex

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bda09ec8009a0210VgnVCM10000088 06b00aRCRD

Here is a working link, sorry. The other was old
Edit: ninja'd.... I need to clean out my saved files

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 11:10 PM
http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bda09ec8009a0210VgnVCM10000088 06b00aRCRD

Here is a working link, sorry. The other was old
Edit: ninja'd.... I need to clean out my saved files

Okay still not recognizing phone...using a different laptop just to see if it was mine. But not doing it on roomies either...screen just bodied out on me on hers.

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Okay still not recognizing phone...using a different laptop just to see if it was mine. But not doing it on roomies either...screen just bodied out on me on hers.

Did you try the link DD posted above?

clothednblack
10-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Did you find a updated rsdlite? This is very strange that neither sbf method works, makes me think the cable may be bad. Maybe DD will have more info

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Did you try the link DD posted above?

Working on that now...is that for the RSD Lite? I will have to download RSD Lite onto this laptop, mine is still packed up from his trip around the city today. Give me a moment to get it all on here.

DirtyDroid
10-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Working on that now...is that for the RSD Lite? I will have to download RSD Lite onto this laptop, mine is still packed up from his trip around the city today. Give me a moment to get it all on here.

Nope the link i posted is from my drop box. With the 64 USB motor drivers, just download and double click to install ....assuming of course your computer your on is still the 64 bit one?

tap'd from the Gnex

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Nope the link i posted is from my drop box. With the 64 USB motor drivers, just download and double click to install ....assuming of course your computer your on is still the 64 bit one?

tap'd from the Gnex

Yes it is. I have double clicked to install your link/file posted. I have installed RSDLite 5.6...now what do I do?

DirtyDroid
10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Honestly....I would try to boot from the CD again....the drivers are now installed so see if it will recognize the phone now..

tap'd from the Gnex

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Honestly....I would try to boot from the CD again....the drivers are now installed so see if it will recognize the phone now..

tap'd from the Gnex

Okay, be back in a bit to tell you what has happened.

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Nope, still stuck at "Waiting for Phone:_"

DirtyDroid
10-23-2012, 11:54 PM
...hmm and it was in bootloader mode correct?

tap'd from the Gnex

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-23-2012, 11:57 PM
...hmm and it was in bootloader mode correct?

tap'd from the Gnex

Yes...I took a pic on my Revo...can post it for you...I think I really bricked the very first DX :-)

However, I just plugged it into this Laptop (roomie's) and it did the "Installing Driver" thing as it's never been plugged in before, you know like a plug and play printer type deal.

sd_shadow
10-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Do you have a different usb port you can try?

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Do you have a different usb port you can try?

There are 2 on this laptop, I have tried them both. And 2 on mine...tried them too.

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Do you have a different usb port you can try? <br>
<br>

There are 2 on this laptop, I have tried them both. And 2 on my laptop...tried those as well.

sd_shadow
10-24-2012, 12:08 AM
In rsd lite near top right, is small box with. Three dots. ...
Click on box select. SBF file, you will have to navigate to folder it's in
Then. Click start
With phone connected of course

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-24-2012, 12:22 AM
In rsd lite near top right, is small box with. Three dots. ...
Click on box select. SBF file, you will have to navigate to folder it's in
Then. Click start
With phone connected of course

For RSD Lite, when I ope it what .sbf file am I using...one of the ones that are in this thread...if so which. I have been given so many files to download...

sd_shadow
10-24-2012, 12:31 AM
should be something shadow cdma 2.3.3 something. sbf
not the 2.3.4 with testkeys

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-24-2012, 12:38 AM
should be something shadow cdma 2.3.3 something. sbf
not the 2.3.4 with testkeys

Did a search on my computer for that and nothing came up. I'm heading off for the night...have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Thanks for all of the help tonight guys. Maybe after we sleep on it we'll figure it out. Maybe.

sd_shadow
10-24-2012, 12:41 AM
ok any dx sbf should work
they can be found here www.1kds.tk

clothednblack
10-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Ok, we will get you where you need to be

GoCliffGo05
10-24-2012, 06:17 AM

for RSD Lite from that link above downlod the second to last. It ends in 605.

Or here http://goo.gl/LefbT

Smokinhawtvegaschic
10-24-2012, 08:28 AM

for RSD Lite from that link above downlod the second to last. It ends in 605.

Or here http://goo.gl/LefbT

Once I download this for RSD Lite, do I put the phone in BL mode again? Nevermind...it is up and running...Thank you...thank you...thank you ALLLLLLL....so very much. 2 days, one dead battery (almost 2 cause it is charging now) and we are back up and running. Think I'm done rooting it though...don't want to bother with the "re-root" may just very well brick it again.

DirtyDroid
10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Once I download this for RSD Lite, do I put the phone in BL mode again?

Yes.here is a video also...red can be a pain...but hopefully it won't be. I would watch it in its entirety. First, then go ahead and do it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE0Jl5rY8_U&feature=youtube_gdata_player
tap'd from the Gnex

GoCliffGo05
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Once I download this for RSD Lite, do I put the phone in BL mode again? Nevermind...it is up and running...Thank you...thank you...thank you ALLLLLLL....so very much. 2 days, one dead battery (almost 2 cause it is charging now) and we are back up and running. Think I'm done rooting it though...don't want to bother with the "re-root" may just very well brick it again.'

Not quite sure what went wrong when you wiped data and you got stuck.. Rooting it again should not cause a brick. It is your decision obviously but the worst thing that can happen from the process is that the root will fail. Also it may be a good idea to root so you can freeze/rename the updater apk so it won't keep asking you to update to .621 (which isn't reversable and a PIA.)

DirtyDroid
10-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Lol damn...I see I got ninjas by 20 minutes.....LOL...glad you got it up and going...and here's a round for the peeps that helped yah. :beer::beer::beer:
...and like cliff said re-rooting won't mess anything up...but again your choice...grats on the phone working again!
tap'd from the N'seven

clothednblack
10-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Another job well done guys :D
Threads been crazy these days