PDA

View Full Version : How to SBF Droid X2 with a dead battery when phone won't charge it

Mdmasek
10-22-2012, 01:59 AM
This procedure involves a wall charger. Cut the end off the wall charger that plugs into the phone. There should be a black and red wire RED + BLACK -. Strip the wires about an 1/8' so the bare wire is showing. With the Droid X2 face down look at the terminal connectors for the battery on the phone. The terminal at the end to the side of the phone is the positive terminal and the one at the other end is the negative terminal. Twist the end of the wires tight with your finger tips and carefully slide the wires through the terminals. What I did with my Droid X2 was used a pair of needle nose plyers and bent the plastic tab over the terminals up an out of the way. Seen that it was still in my way a bit I just cut it off because the battery is going to stay in place anyway without the tab in. When the wires slide through use a small screw driver, needle, or something and gently bend the wires down out of the way. You don't want the wires making contact with any other terminals. You can use a piece of tape to secure them in place or put the battery back in to hold them in place and plug the charger into the outlet. You don't even need the battery in to SBF the phone but I put mine in because it also charges the battery. turn the phone on while holding the volume button up and it should take you to the RSD protocol support screen. Plug your phone into the computer an start RSD lite and pick your SBF file an press start in the RSD program. I never leave it hooked up like this for to long. About an hour is the longest from a dead battery because the current is direct an not regulated. The longest I have left the battery in like this just for charging test is about 2 hours. The battery never got hot.

sd_shadow
10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
This method can also fry your phone, so use with caution

better options, buy a $5 spare battery charger (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CQ0IX2/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00), or a $10 Motorola programming cable from team black hat (http://shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-Adapters-motadapt.htm)

Mdmasek
10-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Yes it can being careless an not paying attention. I have done this with many different phones by means to charge the battery. I would very much like for people to post comments here on how they fried there phone with this method to help educate others what not to do. But I personally have never fried a phone in my life doing this just to charge the battery.

GoCliffGo05
10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Point being its a risk. The links SD posted are safe alternatives.

Sent from my X2 using DXF

sd_shadow
10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
But requires, planning ahead

Edit: i thought some warning, was needed I've seen lots of post, from people who have tried this able to .sbf, but phone no longer will charge

Sent from my MB870 using Droid X Forums

Mdmasek
10-23-2012, 03:29 AM
Another way I have charged the battery is directly putting the wires on the positive an negative terminals on the battery. Carelessness can do that if they weren't paying attention and touched the other terminals on the phone with the wires. The other terminals serve a purpose which may control the phone's internal charging. I'm glad you pointed out alternitives I just mentiond this as a quick alternitive because I'm in the middle of troubleshooting my Droid X2 that stuck at the M boot screen.

Spamilton
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM
okay so I ordered a new driod x2 off of ebay... New to me atleast. My previous driod was rooted, I rooted it. So I finally get it programmed my new phone.
but I haven't rooted it... I can't even some of the files on my micro card. I plug the phone into the charger or the computer usb with the battery in it and it wont charge. I can hook the phone up to the usb with no battery in it and turn it on and it stays on. It says connect the charger I have tried that but wont charge. Can anyone help -thanks

sd_shadow
04-28-2014, 08:34 PM
could be bad battery, other hardware failure...
new batteries are not very expensive.
if it is software you can flash stock with ezSBF DX2 4.5.1.iso (https://docs.google.com/document/d/18OM2bStmr5ZPU-8EFhMFLT4mW3EIT-f4nvmAi_mSMvk/edit)
but will need a charged battery or a TBH factory cable adapter see low Battery options (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVqP5Of_IDhItCsx_6MlbLBEKYoQUz9bnPKaYWjouC4/edit#bookmark=id.nd31chxlc7gc)