PDA

View Full Version : Make my droid x faster

Ken_1977
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I understand I can tweak my device and make it faster.how?and what to set it at

clothednblack
10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I understand I can tweak my device and make it faster.how?and what to set it at

This all depends on if your rooted, running stock or custom rom and so on... Need more info to give you more ideas of what to do.

Pimped out Dx WiZaRdS MiUi

Ken_1977
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm rooted and I'm using mx launcher everything else the same

clothednblack
10-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Is speed your only concern? Over clocking is a option, flashing a rom that runs smoothly with no bloat is another. Mods is another. How far do you want to go and what version (about phone) are you on?

Pimped out Dx WiZaRdS MiUi

Ken_1977
10-24-2012, 01:04 PM
The easiest way I have a droid x running version 2.3.4 system version 4.5621mb810 and phone is also rooted

jeems
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
For straight up overclocking you will need to get an overclocking app. Quickclock advanced, android overclock or if you have rom toolbox pro that will do it as well. If you download quickclock advanced it will "stress test" your phone and figure out max speeds and min voltages for those speeds. From the main menu choose the calibrate option then automatic. After it does it's thing (it will reboot a couple times before it finishes, this is normal). go to the main menu and choose overclock. I would recommend changing the top speed in 50 or 100 MHz increments. Choose calculate and it will choose the lowest recommended votage for that speed. Just FYI, the higher you make the speed the quicker your battery dies. Another option if you don't want to manually change it you can press the hard menu button and choose load profiles. Then you can choose one of the profiles it has automatically calculated for your phone (speed, battery, etc).

My recommendation though is to try a rom and see if that helps enough, then try overclocking. Liberty and vortex will be the closest to stock as they retain some blur (some stock moto stuff, but still without all the bloat). MiUi is a much different experience and highly customizable, but honestly if you stick with the launcher you probably won't notice as much. It is still fast and stable. I typically run miui underclocked and it is still fast. I don't do a lot of heavy gaming though.

Ken_1977
10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks buddy