PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Bootloader but was set to Charge Only with USB

pbway
10-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Hello there, I'm new to the forum but hoping you smart people can help me! Recently, my girlfriend dropped her Droid X in a port-o-potty (gag), but got it out and we stuck it in some rice for a couple days. I'm supposed to find out if there's any possible way to fix it. When I plug it in to the wall or computer, I get "Bootloader 30.04/Battery OK/OK to Program/Transfer Mode: USB". Through this forum I've found some really great instructions on how to reset the phone. However, the main problem I'm running into right now is that my girlfriend had her phone set to charge only when connected to a computer by USB. Is there any way to force a computer to recognize the Droid? Or a physical reset button or anything else I can try? Just for some additional information, I have tried turning it off and then turning it back on while holding down the power and home keys (for up to a full minute) to try to get to the green triangle with the exclamation point, but nothing happens until I let go of the buttons, and then if just goes straight back to the Bootloader screen. Also, in this situation, do you think going to the store to have them reflash the software would work? Thanks so much for your help!

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm scared for the phone for two reasons. 1. Because of the port-o potty :p and i really dont want to know how you got it out. 2. Because it sounds like it may be done.

Do you remember what system version it was on? You can try to SBF it and see if that works.

Sent from my X2 using DXF

pbway
10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks for your response! Yeah, I was not super thrilled to find out the port-o-potty bit AFTER she handed me the pieces. I guess that's what you get for spending the day at a brewery!

Wouldn't I need the droid to be recognized by a computer to SBF, or is there another way?

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 05:06 PM
When you're stuck in bootloader like that I'm not sure if it matters. There are a couple of ways to SBF the x (unless you were on .621.) If you download RSD Lite and plug your phone in while the program is open does RSD say the phone is connected?

pbway
10-18-2012, 05:21 PM
No, not that I can see :\ Sounds like it's time for a new phone? Or do you think going to a carrier and asking them to reflash it would work?

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 05:25 PM
A carrier would try the same thing you can try yourself most likely. Have you tried downloading the 1KDS SBF files and seeing if your phone is recognized in there?

pbway
10-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Nope, this is all a bit beyond me! I'll find a tutorial :)

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=267721
Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

this wont work if you were on. 2.3.4 .621 though... do you have any idea what system version you were on? 602, 605, 621?

pbway
10-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the link, that will be super helpful! I have no idea what system version she was on, and she just laughed when I asked. Guess I'll just try and hope it wasn't .621 though!

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
If you try and were on .621 you will just get a bootloader error. That's ok at least we will know then if it is working. Use the cable that came with the phone if at all possible. It sounds silly but it can make a big difference. What was the battery at the last time it was checked?

Edit: by the way use the .605 version in the link I posted.

pbway
10-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately, the battery was pretty low when it was dropped. Thanks for the clarification on which link to use, I was just about to burn the wrong iso onto disc! I'm about to try it right now!

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 06:15 PM
If your battery is low you may not be able to complete the SBF... do you have any means of charging before you start?

pbway
10-18-2012, 07:27 PM
I've been wall charging the phone for awhile, but i'm not sure how well it's working. The SBF never got past "waiting for phone..." :\ not sure what to try next

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 07:31 PM
If you're stuck in bootloader it wont charge from there... it sounds to me that the phone might just be done... :( maybe someone else can offer you further advice.

Just to double check some things - if the battery is really low then SBF wont work anyway. RSD Lite definitely wont pick up your phone? Also 1KDS wont pick up the phone? Maybe if you go into a store they will charge your battery for you.

pbway
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
That's great advice, thanks! That will definitely be my next course of action :) Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Its no problem. :) stick around the forum though, like I said maybe someone else can offer your further advice.

BHuber09
10-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I have one question... how did you get it out of the port a poyty??

I'm sorry but that's the best of the worst stories ive ever heard.

But honestly I agree with everything cliff has been saying. I'm not really sure what more can be done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pbway
10-18-2012, 08:00 PM
You know, I have really steered clear of asking my girlfriend that question because I'm not exactly sure I want to know. She just came and handed me the parts of her phone and I said, "Aww man, what happened? And what's this crap on it?" Little did I know!

When I disconnected the phone from the computer and put it back on the wall charger, it changed from "battery low, cannot program" to "battery ok, ok to program." Do you guys think that if I leave it on the wall charger for awhile the charge will hold enough to try SBF again?

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 08:03 PM
No, if i remember correctly it will not hold a charge when stuck in bootloader. :(

BHuber09
10-18-2012, 08:08 PM
^^That's correct.. (I've tried it for 2 weeks before I gave up on it charging haha)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pbway
10-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Sorry, you totally said that already! I was thinking you meant when I was running the SBF thing it wouldn't charge, but I get it now. Her mom has the exact same phone...do you think it would work if I used the charged battery from her mom's phone to SBF and then put the original battery back in afterward?

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Yes. You can use any battery from a Droid X or Droid X2. They are identical. Put her moms battery in hers and hers in her moms to charge it back up too.

pbway
10-18-2012, 08:13 PM
brilliant!!

GoCliffGo05
10-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Any news?