PDA

View Full Version : CM9 On Droid X, with working video/camcorder?

collinxvx
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Hey there,Recently rooted my Droid X and I've been trying out ROMs. I have to say, I love the features that rooting give it.I flashed CM9 on my DX, and WOW! I loved it. However I've noticed 4 things, the camcorder doesn't work, hulu plus doesn't work, netflix doesn't work (audio but no video), and youtube works, but the colors are off, like a broken old LCD TV. I assume this all has to do with the video drivers running ICS on a DX.I used a little Google-Fu, but I've had no luck and how to get this working. I REALLY want to be able to use a ICS rom, mainly to use Chrome.I've flashed to the GB version of MIUI, which is fine for now. But if it is all possible, I'd want to have CM9 running so I can use Chrome, but have the video working also.Anybody know a solution?

GoCliffGo05
10-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Download videocam illusion from play to get a working camcorder. The other issues I can't help you with, sorry.

Sent from my X2 using DXF

collinxvx
10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
That's a shame, I can live without the camcorder, but not the other issues :sorry:

newmanx4
10-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey there,Recently rooted my Droid X and I've been trying out ROMs. I have to say, I love the features that rooting give it.I flashed CM9 on my DX, and WOW! I loved it. However I've noticed 4 things, the camcorder doesn't work, hulu plus doesn't work, netflix doesn't work (audio but no video), and youtube works, but the colors are off, like a broken old LCD TV. I assume this all has to do with the video drivers running ICS on a DX.I used a little Google-Fu, but I've had no luck and how to get this working. I REALLY want to be able to use a ICS rom, mainly to use Chrome.I've flashed to the GB version of MIUI, which is fine for now. But if it is all possible, I'd want to have CM9 running so I can use Chrome, but have the video working also.Anybody know a solution?

Netflix and Hulu won't work on any ICS ROMS. It's a video codec issue. For YouTube, find an older version to install.

Sent from my Black Iced X

collinxvx
10-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Anybody know of any dev working on this issue? Or another way to get Chrome on my DX?

GoCliffGo05
10-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Most of these issues are the result of a locked bootloader and there isn't anything that can be done about it. :(

Sent from my X2 using DXF

collinxvx
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Is there at least an easy way to switch ROMs? I only really use Hulu and Netflix at the gym, so it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience to switch back to MIUI for that.

Goose306
10-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Is there at least an easy way to switch ROMs? I only really use Hulu and Netflix at the gym, so it wouldn't be a huge inconvenience to switch back to MIUI for that.

Just nandroid back and forth.

Tapped from my jelly-beaned d2vzw

collinxvx
10-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Just nandroid back and forth.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a noob. Could you point me in the right direction for a tutorial on how to nandroid?

jeems
10-11-2012, 04:11 PM
or you can use an app called bootmanager. It's pretty cool but can be a little finicky with certain roms.