PDA

View Full Version : need help asap

jareeb
10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
was flashing cm10 onto my x2 from cm7 and it did all the steps but the i tried to install bootstrap and i ran it now its stuck in the M logo thing with the dual core stuff. so im trying to sdf back to stock 2.3.4 but my battery is to low to flash so do i just let it charge or how do i know if its even charging?

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Your battery wont charge when stuck on the Red M... Can you get into stock recovery? Also if you did not install the hijack-boot.zip before you tried to get into BSR then that is why you got stuck.

jareeb
10-03-2012, 10:52 PM
i was on the rom playing browseing the internet but i couldnt get into that fancy recover to install the gapps.zip its showing the battery and it says 20% on it now.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 10:56 PM
You need to install the Gapps along with the ROM. You install Cm10, then install gapps, then wipe data and cache and then reboot. Once you get in you have to install the hijack-boot.zip linked to in the OP and 2nd post of the CM10 thread.

With your phone off, pull the battery, then replace it. Hold volume down and then hold power. When the screen turns on release power but continue to hold volume down until "fastboot" appears at the top of your screen. Then press volume down 7 times to highlight android recovery and press volume up to enter it. At the screen with a triangle press volume up and volume down at the same time... It should charge from in there.

You will need to SBF your phone to get it working again at this point.

jareeb
10-03-2012, 10:58 PM
alright. i hope i can do this before midnight lol

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 11:06 PM
You'll want at least a 50% charge before you try and SBF... If you can't get in stock recovery at this point then you will need to find a battery. A droid x or x2 battery should work fine, or you could buy a new one or a charger. There is also the option of taking it into a verizon store and they MIGHT charge it for you. I wouldn't count on the last one though.

jareeb
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
yeah its charging now. ill let it charge for a while. and gather the files i will need.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Alright well then that's good news. :) post back if you have any questions so you won't have to go through this again.

Sent from my X2 using DXF

jareeb
10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
alright. what is bsr and when do i do all this stuff?
Fix added for charge only mode and BSR.

See here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=188 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32270246&postcount=188)

A couple of notes.
- You must be on 2.3.4 to flash the Rom
- once you fix the charge mode download the CM7 patched recovery and place it on the SD card. Use Root Explorer or Script manager to install it.

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 11:30 PM
OK after you install the ROM and gapps, wipe data and cache and reboot and your phone is working you will need to download the hijack-boot.zip and place it on your sd card. After that there are a couple of ways to install it. The easiest in my opinion is to use the terminal emulator. In that post down toward the bottom are instructions for what to type in the terminal emulator. Follow them exactly and it should be installed. To test to see if it works, turn your phone back off and plug it into the charger, if it worked you will see the battery charge screen. Once you see that it works turn your phone on and download the cm7 patched recovery and place it on your sd card. If you came from cm7 then its the same recovery youve been using, just place the apk on your card. Now on your phone go to settings and security and make sure unknown sources is checked. Then download script manager from Google play. Once its downloaded open it and a screen should pop up with two options. The second option should say browse as root or something similar. Make sure you check it. Then navigate to your external card and click on cm 7 patches recovery apk and install it.

jareeb
10-03-2012, 11:53 PM
where do i download hijack-boot.zip? also im rooted what is next?

GoCliffGo05
10-03-2012, 11:56 PM
You are rooted on stock 2.3.4? Let me grab my computer and get you the links... give me a min.

sd_shadow
10-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Fix for charge mode and recovery in Alpha 1: Dev-Host - hijack-boot.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service (http://d-h.st/1jF)

jareeb
10-04-2012, 12:01 AM
how am i suppose to flash to cm10 without a recovery app. should i install MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk now? i am rooted on 2.3.4

sd_shadow
10-04-2012, 12:04 AM
no use the original dx2 bsr if you are on stock 2.3.4

jareeb
10-04-2012, 12:05 AM
like hold the power buttons and stuff that one?

GoCliffGo05
10-04-2012, 12:09 AM
There you go, SD got it for you. If you are on stock 2.3.4 rooted though go to settings-applications and check "unknown sources." Then download this http://www.markhm1972.com/MotorolaDroidX2/MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.rar (It is the unpatched bootstrap recovery.) Unzip it and place the apk on your external SD card and then using your file manager navigate to it and press it to install.

Go ahead and place the CM10 ROM, the JB Gapps, The hijack-boot.zip and the CM7 patched bootstrap recovery (cm7 recovery must be unzipped too) on your external sd card. The download for the cm7 patched BSR is here MOTODX2_Bootstrap-CM7-signed.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/?pzz4413k6wggcao).

In your apps open "System Recovery" and press install recovery. Once that says ok then go ahead and reboot recovery. In recovery flash CM10 and JB Gapps, Wipe Data and then cache then reboot.

Once you are in the rom go to settings - security and check "unknown sources." Then open Terminal Emulator and install the hijack-boot.zip. Once you are sure that is installed correctly download Script Manager from gplay (Free version is fine.) Open it and two options will appear on the screen. Click the second option which says "browse as root" or something like that. Navigate to your external card and then press the cm7 apk and install it. Open CM7 recovery in your apps folder and press install recovery.

jareeb
10-04-2012, 12:15 AM
thanks! alright i think i got it now. currently flashing cm10

sd_shadow
10-04-2012, 12:16 AM
good luck

jareeb
10-04-2012, 12:27 AM
im in the termal and get to "cp /storage/sdcard#/hijack-boot.zip /system/etc/hijack-boot.zip" and it says no such file or directory?

GoCliffGo05
10-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Replace the # with 1. Your internal card is now sdcard0 and your external card is now sdcard1. He used the # just to represent a number because technically you could have put the zip on internal also.

jareeb
10-04-2012, 12:35 AM
okay im done with everything is the phone good to go now? i just installed cm7 recovery and it worked. is that it? lol

GoCliffGo05
10-04-2012, 12:37 AM
You confirmed charge mode is working? Then yea that's about it. If you have Titanium Backups of apps you can restore them because some apps can't be downloaded from gplay at the moment. Go through all the settings you like and customize away.

jareeb
10-04-2012, 12:40 AM
yup its chargin on the battery screen. i didnt do TI back up. oh well :/

thanks for all the help guys!
JareeB

p.s. school at 8 tomorrow. NIGHT!

GoCliffGo05
10-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Alpha two should be out this weekend so you only have to deal with it for a couple days. Glad you got it working.

jareeb
10-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Yeah its sweet. Can't use Facebook app tho it just closes on its own.

GoCliffGo05
10-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Facebook app is a known issue. There isn't anything that can be done about it right now, sorry.

jareeb
10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah that's what I figured