PDA

View Full Version : Physical button strip coming loose

DrCarl
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Greetings,

I've had my X for a long time, like, since Feburary 2011.

The physical button strip has become a tiny bit loose at the right end - the right edge of the search button.

I have two temptations which I've resisted so far. The first was to slide my fingernail under the search button and pull it away from the X to see what's under it and how I might mickey-mouse a fix. Fearing breakage, I decided to skip that. Next, I am tempted to use a toothpick and put a teeny drop of superglue (or Locktite?) on the extreme end of the button/strip while hoping I don't glue the whole button, or disable the button in any way. I can be fairly surgical with magnifying glasses, a good light and a toothpick.

Can anyone direct me to photos or diagrams of the part of the phone? Does anyone know what my best course of action is?

(Please give me only relevant replies and avoid the temptation to send something useless like "get a new phone" - lol?)

Thanks in advance...

Best,

drcarl

jeems
10-01-2012, 12:26 PM
If you are still looking, try here:

Disassembling Motorola Droid X (MB810) Rear Housing - iFixit (http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Disassembling-Motorola-Droid-X-MB810-Rear-Housing/7616/1)I think that will get you as far as you need to be able to glue, etc.

DrCarl
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Jeems, thanks.

Those instructions would get me a lot closer to actually looking at the part to decide what to do. It's not critical....yet.

Gotta love the internet.

Be well

DrTweak
10-04-2012, 09:10 PM
yea my orginal one which is two years old is having the same issue. It has been dropped many many times and only has some scuff marks but i'm also assuming dropping it did some damager as well. Its now just a test/play toy so doesn't bother men. After reading your instructions it i took mine off. looks like part of the plastic is busted lol oh well!